Out with the old... IN WITH THE ROO!
As the leading convenience store operator in the southeastern United States, The Pantry understands that providing a fast, friendly & clean shopping environment in convenient locations is what brings customers into the stores and keeps them coming back. The company's commitment is to deliver this experience for customers at more than 1,650 locations in 13 states.
► Sales Associate - Part-Time
This position provides top quality, fast and friendly customer service; operates registers, handles customer purchases; accounts for all cash and inventories during shift; cleans service areas and stocks merchandise in accordance with the Company policies, procedures and standards in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean”
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Partial list)
Provides excellent customer service in a courteous, friendly and attentive manner to ensure the customer has a pleasant shopping experience.
- Greets customers upon entering the store and thanks customers as they leave.
- Gives assistance and offers suggestions or recommendations to the customer.
- Reports to work on time and follows the dress and appearance code.
Maintains good overall store and property conditions by cleaning and performing a variety of general housekeeping duties such as:
- Sweeps, mops, and cleans floors and driveways. Cleans windows, food service areas and bathrooms.
- Picks up and disposes of trash, litter or debris in store, parking lot and/or surrounding grounds.
- Cleans and checks equipment including coffee machine, refrigeration units, gas pumps, telephones.
Stocks, fronts, rotates and/or culls store coolers, shelves, counters and food service areas displays to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
- Prepares food items according to menus and recipes; maintains proper weights, holding times and temperatures; practices safe food handling procedures.
- Places advertising and pricing signage inside or outside the facility including marquees, ceilings, walls, windows and pump toppers. Makes price changes on merchandise as required.
- May monitor gasoline competition and report findings to Store Manager.
Completes all sales in accordance with government regulations and Company standards by:
- Verifies customer eligibility to purchase age-restricted products and refusing to sell these products when appropriate. Age-restricted products include alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, lottery tickets, fireworks and adult magazines.
- Enters all transactions at the time of purchase at the correct price by scanning or using the correct keys/codes, placing all payments collected in the register and making correct change.
- Keeps accurate cash, sales and inventory control records and accounts for variances.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Customer service experience is required.
- Previous experience operating cash register or a point of sale system is preferred.
- Background in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) or the food-service industry is desired.
- Track record of job stability/tenure.
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401K(k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Vacation
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean”
environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 25 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.