The Art Institutes, with more than 45 locations in North America, is an important source of design, media arts, fashion, and culinary arts professionals.
The Art Institutes offer culinary arts curricula at more than 30 of The Art Institutes locations. The Art Institutes offers a broad range of programs and graduates are employed by companies and organizations of all types and size, including some of the most prominent companies in the United States, such as MTV, Time Warner, AT&T, Home Depot/EXPO Center, Lockheed Martin, Nordstrom, Nintendo of America, Walt Disney & Affiliates, Marriott, Yahoo Broadcast Services, Ernst & Young, Microsoft, Ford Motor Company, and the Fox Entertainment Group.
Everything we wear, watch, and listen to was inspired by a creative person with a passion for new ideas. It’s that passion that drives the students and instructors at The Art Institutes. We offer a dynamic, creative work environment for our faculty and staff - a team dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience and to the success of our students. Our faculty has the best tools possible for delivering the rigorous, career-focused, learner-centered education for which The Art Institute is known. Our staff enjoys an open, team-based work environment where performance is rewarded and staff development highly valued. Together, we all demonstrate our commitment to our mission in everything we do!
This position shares many duties/responsibilities with the Supervisor of Accounting; however in addition to these responsibilities the Director of Accounting is responsible for effectively managing the staff of the Student Accounting Office as well as special projects, long range planning and budget management. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Effectively manage accounting staff including but not limited to: timely completion of PPARs, succession planning, fostering professional development, position management, and ensuring the department adheres to personnel policies.
- Initiate staff involvement in strategic planning and assist with financial management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Execute the quarterly account billing(s) for tuition, fees, supply kits, housing charges, as applicable to student status and classification; interacting with APSC manager for kit sale charges, the Registrar for class list finalization and special schedule tuition charges, the Housing Director for school managed housing and dorm charges.
- Maintain the integrity and timeliness of student account updating, charges, credits, adjustments and refunds.
- Provide information, training, and support for Student accounting staff as well as evaluate Student Accounting work load and adjust priorities as needed for student accounting clerical preparations.
- Manage and assist with special analysis, student account evaluations and audit preparations.
- Other duties/ responsibilities as needed.
Campus Head of Administrative and Financial Services
Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Assistants
Entire Finance team as well as financial aid staff, students, faculty, admissions, registration, Corporate Finance, and other local faculty and staff.
- Bachelor's degree required with a master's degree in a related field desirable
- Five or more years experience in finance, financial aid, or collections preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office)
- Skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial software programs.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, monitor and motivate the activities of others.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.