Under the direction of the Manager of Quality Improvement, the Clinical Quality Analyst is responsible for providing support services to AltaMed’s clinics in the areas of root cause analysis, process improvement techniques, and working with corporate Operations staff in the definition and enhancement of existing processes in order to improve clinic efficiencies and patient outcomes. Major responsibilities include provision of processed data analytics to clinic staff, analysis of workflow and related clinic processes, and reports on performance improvement and quality of care interventions and efforts. Assists the Quality Performance Improvement Department (QPID) in the identification of quality of care or patient satisfaction issues, tracks and trends specified patients/populations conditions that support the clinical and care management of these patients; supports quality improvement projects and initiatives, measures effectiveness of programmatic interventions as needed; reviewing literature evidenced-based practices, performing workflow analyses and communicating with internal and external customers. Formulates recommendations on program efficiencies and effectiveness. Assist in development of development in AltaMed’s reporting to external agencies to meet regulatory requirements (ICE, P4P, HEDIS, NCQA). Responsibilities:
1. Creates, analyzes, interprets, and distributes reports related to the respective programs individual is supporting.
2. Keeps abreast of industry changes and serves as a subject matter expert on programs affecting quality, population health, and incentive programs.
3. Trains providers and clinics staff on measure specifications and quality improvement techniques.
4. Performs process improvement analysis and prepares/presents related documents for health care clinics.
5. Conducts workflow analysis and process mapping to identify areas for improvement.
6. Implement performance improvement tools to support clinic outreach activities, track data gaps, and decrease health care disparities.
7. Provides technical assistance, consultation, coordination, facilitation and educational activities to customers and key stakeholders.
8. Provides technical assistance in developing departmental grant applications and implementation of quality improvement grant funded activities.
9. Contributes to the evaluation of department programs and annual reports as needed.
10. Supports QPID in service, process and quality improvement efforts in support of lines of business and programs to ensure standardization and integration between programs.
11. Gathers demographic, diagnosis, and utilization, clinical quality, and performance data for analysis and reporting
12. Analyzes external health industry benchmark data to determine performance in access to care, quality, and patient experience.
13. Leads and manages data analysis projects, including use of quantitative analytics for strategic initiatives.
14. Creates summary and detailed reports and presentations for leadership to support business and strategic decisions.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to work with other staff and outside contacts, handle multiple ongoing department tasks with customer services attitudes.
2. Ability to make deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
3. Ability to interpret and communicate health care quality data analysis, develop and perform process improvement analysis onsite at clinics in support of quality improvement activities.
4. Ability to develop and assist clinic staff in the implementation of population health improvement activities.
5. Must be computer literate, including proficiency spreadsheets, graphic presentation and word processing.
6. Must be detail and results oriented.
7. Excellent public relations and communication skills.
8. Must be computer literate, including proficiency spreadsheets, graphic presentation and word processing.
9. Knowledge and applicability of best practices for medical staff and other clinical services.
10. Ability to apply quality improvement techniques.
1. Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters degree preferred.
2. Advanced certification or licensure in health care or process improvement is preferred (LVN, RN, SW, Project Management, LEAN, or Six Sigma).
3. A minimum of one year experience in process improvement and/or other quality management/improvement related experience preferred.
4. A minimum of three years prior experience in an acute and ambulatory healthcare environment preferred with knowledge of Joint Commission Survey Process.
AltaMed has delivered quality care to the underserved communities of Southern California for more than 40 years. Designated by the Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH), AltaMed prides itself in the quality of its care delivered by its premier health care professionals.
AltaMed serves the entire family with primary medical care, dental clinics and complete senior long-term care services, including senior case management, and the Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). AltaMed also delivers disease management programs, health education, youth services, specialty HIV/AIDS care and substance abuse treatment.