$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS* Ask recruiter for details!
Facility: Florida State Prison
• Provides mental health services for inmates in accordance with departmental policies and procedures to include: Assessment, crisis intervention, individual and group counseling.
• Complete admission assessments, periodic and frequent progress notes, psychological evaluations, treatment summaries for parole review and discharge summaries for inmates as assigned.
• Complete psychological testing within the level of professional qualifications as needed for inmates as assigned.
• Facilitates inmate treatment by providing written Mental Health Orders according to the Mental Health Policies and Procedures. Such orders will include, but not be limited to: Admission and discharge from mental health unit, cell designation / change when needed, inmate property or movement restrictions, seclusion, suicide precautions, close observations and level of observation changes.
• Coordinates discharge planning with institutional staff when inmate is referred to Department of Corrections (DOC) population or to the outside community to facilitate continuity of care
. • Provides Regional oversight and direction of mental health programs with Regional Mental Health Director and Regional Psychiatrist.
• Provides consultation services to institutional staff on mental health issues as requested
. • Provides training to institutional staff on mental health issues as requested.
• Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
• Allocates staff resources to ensure that institutional needs for clinical and consultative services are met in a timely, professional manner.
• Supervises and monitors Mental Health Services staff to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures of Mental Health Services.
• Provides staff meetings and in-service to Mental Health Services staff.
• Develops and maintains a system to provide twenty-four (24) hour psychological consultation services to institutional staff in situations requiring immediate crisis intervention.
• Coordinates psychiatric services by provision of administrative support to staff psychiatrist.
Doctoral degree in Psychology or related field. Current FL Psychologist license required. Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.