| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Principal RF Engineer
|Job Reference Number
The Principal RF Engineer will be responsible for supporting timely completion of RF planning analyses, preparation of budgets and traffic reports for region. Provide Subject Matter Expertise related to BTS architecture, E-UTRAN architecture and associated planning tools. Convey RF Planning overall guidance and direction to markets. Develop network evolution and growth plans. The Principal RFE will provide regional feedback to Area recommendations. Oversee efforts and share with other engineers/planners recommendations on process improvements to be best in class. Provide guidance to RF team in ensuring consistency in planning policy for the region. Also identify areas of improvements where we can have automation.
Candidate will work diligently to build the pipeline of all capacity solution projects and all VoLTE coverage solution projects, so that current and future dedicated budget dollars can be spent in a timely manner, and as efficiently as possible.
Develop yearly capital budget plan and manage changes.
Provide leadership and technical direction to the RF team. Including hosting quarterly face-to-face meetings to discuss current issues, future planning needs and design criteria. Act as vendor liaison when introducing new products or solutions to the teams.
Mentor and coach Sr. Engineers on the team on new technologies, available equipment, design techniques, and training/improving skill set of engineers throughout the region.
Represent region at area and national meetings and forums. Act as Area liaison when addressing capacity re-look or design guidelines.
Lead and coordinate large project implementation or multiple small to medium sized projects.
Lead ad-hoc trials aimed at improving LTE and VoLTE performance.
Strong computer and programing skills will be used to automate processes whenever possible.
Effectively communicate findings/project status in formal and informal settings.
Readily sees processes or equipment issues that need to be improved without prompting or coaching from management.
Support RF and SP Engineers in optimization efforts such as guidance in the multiple ways of improving an area by antenna replacements, downtilts, azimuth changes, neighbors, parameters, power and decommissioning sectors and/or macro sites.
Perform all RF activities required to support the network build program.
Review all aspects of job functions and recommend new procedures, programs, or test tools to enable greater job productivity.
Interface with project manager, real estate, construction, switch/field operations, engineering, sales, marketing, finance and legal to assure that Verizon Wireless’s network quality and financial objectives are met.
- BS in Electrical/ Computer Engineering with specialization in RF or Communications Systems, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Traffic engineering experience and expertise required.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated positive, proactive leadership abilities.
- Strong knowledge of LTE and CDMA technologies.
- Familiarity with Ericsson infrastructure.
- Understanding of call processing (originations, handoffs) and data networking (switching/routing, TCP/IP).
- Extensive understanding of antenna theory and design.
- Strong mapping skills.
- Understanding of interference detection and correction techniques.
- Familiarity with RF data collection/analysis/propagation tools and RF test equipment.
- Experience with performance and traffic trending tools.
- Must be self-motivated and resourceful.
- Proficiency in Map Info, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Familiarity with Monte Carlo simulation and other statistical models.
- Proficient in database management.
- Ability to write SQL Statements for script generation and queries.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.