o.h. Sports Bar Sous Chef
Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
- Provide for the safety of team members, including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter and performing all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Develop, maintain and manage training programs.
- Oversee and direct the preparation of food products including cutting, trimming, chopping, slicing, carving, mixing, cooking, sautéing, grilling, frying, broiling, baking, and steaming and application of other preparation techniques as required for preparation of food and beverage products with an emphasis on creation of pastry products for all venues.
- Ensure that all team members follow appropriate food handling procedures to ensure safe, quality products.
- Ensure that freshness by directing and overseeing the rotation of items and storage at appropriate temperatures.
- Develop and suggest recipes and products in order to maintain a leading edge in the industry.
- Develop menus for catering and sales.
- Safe and efficient use of all kitchen equipment.
- Assist in operation of other food and beverage venues as needed.
- Handle customer complaints and support all customer service programs.
- Support, implement, administer and manage standards of excellence among team members.
- Understand and adhere to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Make determinations regarding types of products, materials, supplies, or tools to be used.
- Supervise and manage attendance and time records of team members.
- Effectively manage departmental expenses including effectively and efficiently managing labor costs and staffing objectives while achieving guest satisfaction.
- Supervise and manage the work processes or procedures of team members.
- Conduct individual or group pre-shift meetings with team members and provide daily positive feedback.
- Administration of disciplinary action including but not limited to warnings, suspensions and recommendations of termination.
- Protect and preserve assets of the company.
- Understand and adhere to all bargaining unit agreements.
- Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as directed.
- Compile information, complete and submit reports as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all gaming laws and regulations.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter.
- Meet department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements.
- Any job duty needed to promote productivity in the efficient administration of business or any reasonable request made by your supervisor or management personnel.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have current certification for ServSafe or be capable of successfully passing the ServSafe class within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to prepare, read and comprehend documents. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with individuals and before groups of people.
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to business needs including but not limited to counting money.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to qualify for any and all licenses or permits required by local, state or federal law.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs, and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in vary work areas such as confined spaces
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
Something to leave you with:
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Penn National Gaming owns, operates or has ownership interests in gaming and racing facilities with a focus on slot machine entertainment. The Company presently operates twenty-nine facilities in nineteen jurisdictions, including Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Ontario. In aggregate, Penn National's operated facilities feature approximately 36,800 gaming machines, 850 table games, 2,900 hotel rooms and 1.6 million square feet of gaming floor space.