GENERAL FUNCTION: Serves as a liaison between IT Commercial, Operations, the business line and multiple vendors to analyze business and user needs, document requirements, and resolve complex system problems primarily in support of Currency Processing Solutions (CPS). Coordinates development and support for new and existing applications. Possesses a sound understanding of business systems and industry requirements. Acts as a team leader for assigned projects. Partners with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, processes and revenue streams. Coordinates business requirements definition, development, testing, implementation and support for new and existing systems. Identifies, researches and analyzes production problems, develops solutions and coordinates resolutions. Oversees enhancements in order to maintain productivity and efficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Functions as the liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
• Acts as team leader for projects.
• Possesses strong knowledge of the business line, including the business plan, products, process and revenue streams.
• Plays a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions. Ensure system enhancements follow the appropriate IT guidelines, meet or exceed user requirements, and are completed in a timely fashion. May perform project leader role for projects.
• Identifies system enhancements, documents business needs and determines development impact to current system processing. Works with programmers and users to ensure accuracy of enhancements.
• Reviews operational procedures and methods and recommends changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
• Provides input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates and other aspects of assigned projects.
• Provides guidance and context in prioritizing and determining complexity of problems and requests.
• Partners with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
• Identifies, researches, and analyzes production problems develops solutions, and resolves problems.
• Works with programming resources (in house and third party) to ensure development work is completed to specification.
• May perform some aspects of Project Management including but not limited to Approval gathering, Readiness Assessments, and other artifacts and controls.
• Other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent with 4-6 years experience as BA.
• PM Methodology and SDLC/Testing QA Experience.
• Significant experience in communication and presentation.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $130 billion in assets, operates 17 affiliates with 1,320 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations, most open seven days a week, inside select grocery stores and 2,586 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 25% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2013, had $302 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations.
Fifth Third Bank is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disabilities / Protected Veterans
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.