We always knew there had to be a better way to buy used cars. One that would make the process easy and fun. So we created CarMax, and we've been changing the way America buys cars since we opened our first store in Richmond, Virginia, in 1993.
Through hard work and dedication, we've grown from that one store in Richmond to more than 100 stores across the country. We’ve sold more than 4 million cars. We've appraised more than 16 million. And the news is buzzing with stories about CarMax, the experience we offer our customers, and the work environment we provide for our Associates.
Technician Production Manager (night-time)
While supervising Auto Technicians, the Technician Production Manager will maintain production technician efficiency levels to meet guidelines, maintain reconditioning costs for all mechanical repairs, achieve all weekly CQI/VQI production goals, and maintain technician quality at or above company standards. Flexible work hours with shifts that will include nights, weekends, holidays and 12-hour days.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all positions are properly staffed at all times.
- Participates in and endorses all CarMax Training initiatives.
- Actively recruits and develops Apprentice Technicians.
- Ensures the successful career development of assigned workgroup through Progress Conferences, File Reviews, Performance Management and the Merit Review Process.
- Handles all customer (both internal and external) concerns in a quick, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Maintains Technician efficiency levels between 80% and 200%, with a store average minimum of 110% efficiency.
- Maintains Tech Billed hours per CQI/VQI at target or better than target.
- Maintains comeback standards at or better than company targets.
- Controls the flow of vehicles through the reconditioning process by proper distribution of new CQI/VQI starts, parts return cars, recheck vehicles and 30 day warranty repairs.
- Meets daily and weekly CQI and VQI production targets.
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform associate development tasks, including mentoring and performance management.
- Successfully work with and through managers and associates of other departments within the store.
- Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment.
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Complete CarMax provided training in all areas of the production process.