Nursing careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. A passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. Nursing here isn’t for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
House Calls Clinical Team Manager- Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma, or Prescott, Arizona
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, the House Calls Team Manager will lead and manage a team of House Calls Practitioners within a specified geographic area. Responsibilities include but are not limited to traveling with the House Calls practitioner to conduct performance evaluations on in-home health assessments on enrolled members. In addition, the House Calls Team Manager is accountable for monitoring team productivity, maintaining team metrics and performing quality improvement monitoring.
The House Calls Team Manager will be responsible for oversight of House Calls Practitioners within an assigned territory in: Arizona
As a House Calls Team Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in all responsibilities of the management team including planning, goal setting, training, and metric management
- Ensuring staff receives appropriate orientation, training, and ongoing professional development
- Providing mentoring and support for House Calls Practitioners
- Identifying issues and providing guidance to team members for problem solving or crisis management
- Assuring performance adheres with established quality standards, evidenced based practice guidelines and departmental benchmarks and workflows
- Leading day to day collaborative efforts of practitioners in order to attain the highest level of clinical care
- Coaching, developing and overall performance management for each team member
- Performing face to face evaluations as per defined guidelines
- Ensuring consistency in service delivery by the entire team to comply with established clinical initiatives
- Evaluating and communicating overall team performance to the Regional Manager
- Providing management and oversight of quality assurance initiatives
- Participate and travel to required Management meetings as needed
Care Improvement Plus Practitioners is now a part of Optum Health.
Optum Health is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50. Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel.
That's how it is at Optum Health. Every day, we're collaborating to improve the health and well being of the fastest growing segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
• Nurse Practitioner (license and national certification, or the ability to obtain national certification and/or Nurse Practitioner license in state of assignment)
• Family, Geriatrics, or Adult certification required (Acute Care certification in states where permitted outside a hospital setting)
• Prescriptive Authority in state of assignment- Arizona
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant supervisory/management experience
• Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in their highest level of education
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Superior communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead by influence
• Ability to travel throughout the TERRITORY and surrounding areas as needed (including reliable transportation and active vehicle insurance)
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience within a healthcare delivery or health plan/insurance setting
- Demonstrated excellence in business operations/development
- Demonstrated excellence in financial management and oversight
- Strong management/team building and motivational skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, House Calls, HouseCalls, Team Manager, Manager, Supervisory, Management
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Nurse
Job Reference Code: UHG-555300
Position Type: Full-Time