With more than two decades of experience, Omnicare works to deliver practical and innovative solutions to address our customer's needs both now and in the future.
Omnicare is the nation's leading provider of pharmaceutical care for seniors. Each day, our pharmacists serve more than 1.4 million residents of skilled nursing, assisted living, and other healthcare facilities in 47 states and Canada. While doing this, we capture a tremendous amount of data. Omnicare combines this data with its proprietary outcomes algorithm technology, based on best practices in geriatric medicine, to identify and help treat diseases in the elderly.
3rd Shift Pharmacy Billing Adjudicator - Florissant, MO
A Billing Adjudicator is responsible for preparing and submitting claims for accounts and works with nursing facility staff, physician offices, and insurance companies to ensure timely payment of online submission of claims.
- Review and research rejected Third-Party claims taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Work backlog of denied claims for timely resubmission.
- Manage assigned queues keeping up-to-date and current on all claims.
- Workflow grid is cleared daily meet productivity criteria
- Specific denials including new patient overrides
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Display behavior which exemplifies the Core Values.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Minimum (Required): (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- High school diploma
- Entry-Level familiarity with Excel/Access
- Perform multiple tasks effectively
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
Preferred: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
- Pharmacy technician certification highly preferred
- Experience in pharmacy, managed care, Medicaid and/or Medicare organizations
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Business travel as necessary.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.