Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Axcess Financial is a respected leader in the financial services industry that empowers consumers and businesses with financial solutions. Through multiple professional partnerships, we provide a wide range of convenient, approachable financial products and services that improve our customers' financial situations by meeting their lifestyle and budgetary needs.
Our associates have an unparalleled understanding of our customers' and partners' needs, helping us provide superior customer service. With leaders whose backgrounds include Fortune 500 companies within both the financial and retail industries, Axcess Financial combines financial product expertise with a high level of customer service to give customers and businesses professional, convenient financial solutions.
Axcess Financial is currently looking for a PMO Senior Project Manager
General Functions of the PMO Senior Project Manager: Overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to enterprise, business unit, and corporate division project investments. The PMO Senior Project Manager will be responsible to manage one or more medium to large-sized, moderate to highly complex projects.
PMO Sr. Project Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Planning and Dependency Management - Manage project to timely completion within the approved schedule. Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify risks to project schedule. Ensure that the various elements within a project are well-coordinated. Leverage PMO standards and tools to develop and maintain detailed project plans and schedules after scrutinizing the quality of estimates provided. Identify and manage key dependencies within a project. Gather project metrics, assess variances, and determine impacts to plan. Plan and implement changes, with approvals as necessary.
Risk and Issue Management - Identify, analyze, respond to, and escalate project risks. Continually track and manage issues through to resolution. Identify ways to resolve issues and keep management informed on critical issues.
Communication Management - Conduct project kickoff meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations. Ensures that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively. Facilitate communications and collaborative participation of project team, project leadership, stakeholders, and management. Produce and distribute project reports. Facilitate and influence decisions.
Scope Management - Facilitate detailed scope definition and planning for projects. Ensure the project includes all the work, and only the work, required to deliver the approved products, services, and/or results. Continually manage project efforts to align with approved scope and perform detailed change control process as needed.
Budget and Procurement Management - Manage project to completion within the approved budget. Maintain budget forecast and actuals. Plan for and scrutinize all spend to ensure alignment with scope and deliverables of the project. Create and maintain plans for procurement that are aligned with and recorded against the project budget. Validate amounts spent and ensure completion of services rendered or goods received prior to payment. Ensure that all PO’s, invoices, and payments are approved and processed in compliance with policies and contractual agreements.
Mentoring and Continuous Improvement - Provide the project team and service providers with constructive feedback as it pertains to project and department performance. The PMO Sr. Project Manager will coach or mentor less experienced PMO personnel. Adhere to, develop, and integrate policies, best practices, project standards, procedures, quality objectives, and metrics for executing projects and assessing projects. Gather, assess, and communicate project lessons learned and propose improvements to PMO service quality and processes within the IT department.
Service Quality – The PMO Senior Project Manager ensures deliverables completed at a level of quality that fulfills the needs for which they were defined. Ensure quality review process planned and completed before implementing the deliverables. Inspect quality review process and implement improvements throughout project lifecycle to ensure on time and on budget project delivery. Develop productive working relationship with business lead, service providers, project team, and management. Conduct monthly Customer Satisfaction survey with business lead. Partner with business lead to influence acceptance and satisfaction at project completion.
Supervisory Responsibilities for PMO Senior Project Manager: May lead the work of less experienced staff Job titles that are supervised by this position, if applicable: In a dotted line relationship this position oversees any position assigned to a project initiative.
Keyword Search: business development rep, business development representative, sales and business development, selling, biz dev, business systems analyst, financial analyst, analyze, analysis, analyst, process analyst, business process analyst
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for PMO Sr. Project Manager position:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, engineering or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years in professional Project/Program Management (PMO) or Enterprise PMO
• Responsible for the management of one or more small to medium-sized, moderately complex projects. Manage all aspects of the design, development and implementation of projects.
• Senior matrix (shared service) project management role with responsibility for the group to produce results via project dotted line relationships. Final review for initiative staffing, disciplinary escalations, and adjustments.
• Provide constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance. Uses past experiences to identify potential areas of improvement.
• Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key partners.
• Provide work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
• Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
• Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading-edge technology
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
• Ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship (IT, customers)
PMO Senior Project Manager Working Conditions:
• Normal office environment
• Extended viewing of computer screens