Senior Financial Analyst - Operations
MoneyGram is an international, high-performance company, located in approximately 200 countries and territories. We are committed to our employees. MoneyGram promotes an environment that is both challenging and rewarding for employees. We understand the importance of career development, and provide many opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in upholding a culture strongly rooted in our corporate values, and committed to the communities around us.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst - Operations. The position will provide financial and analytical support to Operations, including financial reporting and analysis, budget and forecast preparation, and financial guidance in accordance with GAAP. This role also regularly works and communicates with other Finance and Accounting team members.
- Review financial transaction details for accuracy, with a focus on identifying and mitigating potential issues. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and other period-based financial reporting such as variances to plan and forecast, and coordinate timely distribution to appropriate stakeholders. Prepare and track key performance indicators, other metrics, and business or operational trend data to support dashboards and other management reporting. Develop financial content for executive-level presentations, and assist the Finance Director in communicating and discussing information as needed
- Analyze expense data to assist the operational team with developing cost containment strategies and identifying opportunities to improve profitability and process efficiency. Participate in quarterly forecasting, annual planning, and long-term strategic planning Build and maintain relationships within Operations and with other functional areas to develop an understanding of how strategy and changes may impact Operations. Prepare and distribute communications to Operations team members regarding planning timelines, policy and procedure updates or changes, and other pertinent financial topics
- Support Operations team in evaluating strategic initiatives, and the cost/benefit of decisions including impacts to service levels. Assist functional leads with developing business cases, and completing capital project models to measure profitability and return on investment. Work with the Finance Director to develop cost allocation models for the product lines, and in tracking and analyzing fixed and variable cost trends
- Ad hoc reporting and other miscellaneous projects as assigned
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting, an MBA or other related master’s level degree, and/or relevant certification such as CMA or CPA
- 3-5 years financial analysis experience; prior experience should include financial and/or headcount modeling, budgeting, forecasting and variance reporting
- Experience in a global organization and/or the financial services industry beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with other Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Cognos and general ledger systems strongly preferred
- Proactive approach to tasks such as seeking opportunities on projects, performing analysis, and making recommendations for improvements; looking to develop leadership and future management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for learning new systems and working with large amounts of data
- Competent in financial modeling, research, and drawing insights from data and people
- Adept at collaboration, with strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to listen, ask questions, and determine when information is sensitive or confidential
- Capacity to tailor communications, particularly financial information, to the audience, and to explain financial concepts in non-financial terms
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and time to meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
Working Conditions: Normal Office Environment
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some incumbents assigned to the job to perform a different combination of duties.
Not ready to apply
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.