Company & Business Area Description
Driven by its purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. DNV GL provides classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. It also provides certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers its customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. The company continuously invests in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with its 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping their customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000
Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world’s economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers’ organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world’s leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
Local Unit & Position Description
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Performs 3rd party ISO 9001/ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 Integrated Management System Audits for North America customers with occasional international travel required.
- Performs 2nd party audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers.
- Provide customers with timely, complete and accurate reports of their current level of compliance or implementation of their management system.
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Maintains appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
DNV will consider either full time or sub-contract positions for suitably qualified candidates.
The candidates for this position :
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least five years industry experience.
- Holds a current IRCA and/or RAB-QSA Lead Auditor certification for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. RC 14001 certification a plus.
- Business software systems experience
- MS Excel; Word; and PowerPoint expertise
- Presentation skills and expertise
- Must be able to travel up to 70%
- Works well in a Team environment or as a team of one.
DNV is interested in candidates who enjoy travel, new experiences, variety, and those who possess the highest of integrity and trustworthiness.
Position may be based in any major US city (easy access to major airport).
Conditions of Employment:
At DNV GL, we offer opportunities beyond business. In addition to competitive conditions, the right candidate will enjoy the possibility to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and sharing competencies to achieve our goals.
Local Conditions Apply
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID: