Senior Director, IT Project Management
MoneyGram is an international, high-performance company, located in approximately 200 countries and territories. We are committed to our employees. MoneyGram promotes an environment that is both challenging and rewarding for employees. We understand the importance of career development, and provide many opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in upholding a culture strongly rooted in our corporate values, and committed to the communities around us.
The Sr Dir IT Project Management has primary ownership over delivery for all IT projects. This includes designing, guiding, and providing strategic direction for transformation initiatives and
streamlining processes to help strengthen IT as a business for overall MoneyGram. This position will work closely with all Technology Solutions Leaders, HR & Finance Technology leaders and key business partners. The incumbent will demonstrate the ability to plan, define, manage, and deliver high-visibility analyses and programs / projects in a timely manner.
- Manages and sets approach for project execution including program structure, communication, technical solution and operational processes. Responsible to ensure project deliverables are approved and ensure standards are followed while ensuring high quality and timely fashion within budget guidelines. Directs the prioritization of projects proposed by each of the business units in order to establish project management staffing levels.
- Hires, develops, leads, and coaches a diverse management team capable of delivering upon the goals of the organization. Provides coaching and guidance to a team of project managers, cultivating a project management culture. Ensures the team is cohesive and aligned towards the same goals.
- Defines and drives the overall delivery strategy for the organization. Partners with leaders across the organization on the delivery strategy while providing overall portfolio management. Oversees project risk analysis/management. Educates and provides project management thought leadership.
- Builds and maintains a strong partnership with internal cross-functional IT partners. Partners with internal customers on strategic planning, process improvement and efficiency analysis. Educates and provides thought leadership for the introduction of project management methodologies in IT product and process development.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing , business administration, computer science, or a related field
Required Skills/ Experience
- 10-15 years relevent experience, including 5+ years within project management
- 8+ years of experience managing technical or business staff, including a track record of successful recruitment, development, mentorship, and performance management
- Experience managing resources, relationships, and delivery in remote locations, international experience, preferred
- Well-rounded and comprehensive knowledge of information technology including all aspects of the applications development life cycle, infrastructure hardware and software, product development
- Strong understanding of how all technology areas interacts with and affects each other in order to obtain maximum cohesiveness, efficiency and productivity
- Proven effectiveness in building partnerships - ability to influence and manage expectations with senior leadership
- Strong results driving change in a complex matrix environment
- Experience managing and planning a complex multi-million dollar operating budget
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans, which may include best practices, budgeting, processes and infrastructure
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and concisely and to speak effectively in front of a group
- Demonstrated ability to accept ownership, take initiative and assume responsibility for self, staff and the team
- Effectively and assertively presents one’s point of view without alienating others
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to act decisively and make sound and timely decisions
- Is flexible and able to work within the system. Able and willing to take on and learn additional and different responsibilities
Not ready to apply
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.