Softchoice - Answering Your Technology Needs
Systems Engineer R&S
- Company: Softchoice Corporation
- Contact: Not Available
- Location: Houston, TX
- Base Pay: N/A
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Computer Software
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Job Type: Engineering
- Req'd Education: Not Specified
- Req'd Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Systems Engineer R&S
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers’ business, each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on…
Follow us: @asoftchoicelife
- This position requires a client focus, strong organizational, project management, and conceptual design skills, knowledge of Softchoice Service Delivery concepts, and the ability to lead teams to envision, design, and implement robust IT solutions.
- LAN switching (including STP)
- IP routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- QoS (LAN and WAN)
- Firewalls (preferably ASA/PIX)]
- Load balancers (preferably Cisco CSS, CSM, ACE or F5 LTM)
- WAN (Frame-relay, ATM, MLPPP)
- Familiarity with IOS, Catalyst OS, and PIX OS
- CCIE Routing & Switching (written and Lab completed)
- Preferred Certifications and Experience
- CCIE- Security
- Familiarity with Cisco ISE
- Juniper Solutions
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, or management information systems and 5+ years related work experience.
- Extensive practical knowledge with security and networking.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems and products.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Project and Visio Professional.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Travel Requirements: 50%
Extensive knowledge of WAN design, SONET, optical fiber networking, LAN architecture, TCP/IP routing, Wireless, Security, VoIP, PSTN, Windows & Unix operating systems, and application layer activity.
Excel at multi-tasking, time management, and remaining flexible in a highly dynamic environment.
Requires strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact with customers while presenting complex technical issues.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
Report this job
It’s because of our focus on people and our passion for finding better ways for customers to benefit from technology that Softchoice has become a leading IT solutions provider in North America.
We have opportunities across Canada and the United States in the following areas:
- Inside & Outside Sales
- Solutions Architecture
- Operations & Finance
- Information Technology
- Human Resources & Training
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.