Company: AIG Corp
Job Type: Health Care
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Part-Time
Manages Others: Not Specified
Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Industry: Healthcare - Health Services
Reference ID: PCK333-269792
Req'd Education: High School
Req'd Experience: Not Specified
Req'd Travel: Not Specified
Part Time Sales Assistant - Pittsburgh, PA
- Phone work setting appointments with existing clients over 50% of the time.
- Providing administrative support to a VALIC sales professional.
- Monitor and manage Financial Planning Advisor's calendar.
- Monitor and manage sales leads.
- Respond to client requests for forms or sales literature.
- Assist with processing paperwork and forms.
- Assist with preparing client mailings.
- Prepare routine correspondence; and, completing office tasks such as copying, taking messages, distributing mail items, etc.
- Put together client enrollment packets.
- This position will not perform selling duties, nor advise clients.
To be successful in this position, individual must be skilled in verbal communication and have the ability to interact effectively with external contact.
- Must consistently exercise discretion in handling client interactions, and in directing clients to the appropriate party for resolving problems or complex issues.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with applicable personal computer applications, including managing Outlook e-mail database, MS Word processing.
MS Excel, and also acquire and maintain a working knowledge of VALIC sales materials ordering procedures and regulations pertaining to client contact.
- Laptop computer will be provided.
- 10-15 hours per week, Monday - Friday, flexible schedule
- No securities licensing required.
- Person hired for this position will work in the Branch office.
- Training will be provided by the Financial Advisor(s)
- High school graduate, or equivalent
- Three years office clerical experience including two years in a marketing, insurance, financial services, or customer service environment a plus.About AIG
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.AIG Property Casualty
is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.AIG Life and Retirement
is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.United Guaranty Corporation
is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube
: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter
: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn
AIG offers you world-class opportunities in a broad range of disciplines. As you might expect, our industry-leading enterprise is made up of underwriters, actuaries and claims examiners. However, we are also attorneys, engineers, and professionals in the finance, marketing, IT, and communications fields. We have industry-focused practices that draw the best and the brightest from the sectors they serve, from construction and aerospace to real estate and human resources. Your opportunities at AIG are tremendous, as we give you the freedom, resources and support to help map your career path across numerous disciplines and geographies. At AIG, world-class opportunities translate into exciting careers.
"In a global marketplace, we know that diversity - of people, ideas, and skills - is essential for us to continue building our competitive advantage. To value diversity is not only the right thing to do, but also must form the heart of our viability as a great company that attracts and retains the best people."
Robert H. Benmosche, President and Chief Executive Officer
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.