Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK) is a leading global provider of automation, power, control and information solutions that help manufacturers achieve a competitive advantage in their businesses. With a focus on always putting customers first, anywhere in the world, the company helps manufacturers use automation and intelligent motor control and conversion technology as a means to get their products and services to market faster, reduce their total cost of ownership, better utilize power and plant-floor assets, and minimize the risks in their manufacturing environments.
Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation to deliver industry solutions to 80 countries around the world.
Global Payroll Manager
The Global Payroll Manager has accountability to design, execute and maintain the global payroll process across 80+ countries, supporting 22,000+ employees. This leader is responsible to ensure the regional payroll delivery teams adhere to the standard process, and that the payroll process meets defined service level agreements and KPIs, and that continuous improvement opportunities are identified and executed as necessary to ensure those targets are achieved and sustained. The position will serve as global payroll process expert to drive process standardization, automation, and improvements and ensure process efficiency and effectiveness globally. This position will create an environment with a focus on compliance to internal policies, key controls and government regulations and in which customer needs' and requirements are anticipated and expectations consistently met. The Regional Payroll Managers report directly to the Global Payroll Manager.
1. Lead the evolution of payroll services including process design, internal team development, vendor management and system enhancements to ensure optimal performance in the delivery of global payroll services. Lead payroll services implementations across the globe leveraging outsourced payroll providers, regional payroll teams and shared services teams.
2. Ensure all payroll activities are performed according to company policies and procedures, and that all documentation remains current to support robust knowledge management over time.
3. Implement global measurement and feedback mechanisms to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of payroll delivery processes, and tools. Monitor global payroll key performance indicators. Develop continuous strategic process improvements to maintain the accuracy, quality, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the payroll process, and decrease risk of fraud and errors.
4. Ensure compliance with key controls, monitor audit findings and implement corrective actions as necessary.
5. Drives innovative solutions related to process, operations, and policy to more fully leverage payroll services.
6. In cooperation with Strategic Sourcing manage relationship with preferred payroll partners.
7. Ensure payroll systems and processes comply with all local, state/provincial and federal regulations. Monitor changes in local legal requirements, on a global basis. Hold vendor accountable to ensure their procedures remain compliant. Secure legal opinions on compliance and regulation, as needed.
8. As global process owner, serves as the final (tier 4) escalation for payroll issues.
9. Ensure that systems and processes correctly compute and record time, earnings, employee benefits, special deductions, mandated benefits, taxes, garnishments and other items that affect net pay and/or company liability.
10. Ensure the smooth integration of payroll processes with other service area processes.
11. Maintain an awareness of marketplace trends and best practices. Provide feedback on revisions or new policies that would better support Rockwell Automation business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent or equivalent years experience; Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation desirable.
• 10+ years payroll experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include managing payroll delivery and process leadership experience with organizations of >10,000 employees. Global payroll experience in an outsourced payroll model operating in multiple countries including the United States and at least two regions outside of the U.S. is required. Demonstrated experience in managing the technical, business, and people-related dynamics that need to be considered in delivering payroll services.
• A business driver and creative, strategic thinker with strong analytical, financial and system skills required.
• Requires proven experience managing third party service providers.
• Demonstrated expertise in project planning and execution, continuous improvement and problem solving techniques and customer relationship management is required.
• Strong people management experience, including managing a virtual, global team in a shared service environment is required.
• Experience with leading payroll teams on acquisition/divestiture and integration of a new organization is preferred.
• Superior influence, interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to drive organizational change is required, with demonstrated ability to forge strong and trusting relationships across business group, function and geographic boundaries. Ability to collaborate with other internal corporate teams including HR, Legal, Tax, Compensation and Benefits, IT and Finance, and external partners is critical.
• Well-organized, extreme attention to detail and a self-directed individual. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize while under continuous deadlines maintaining professionalism and a calm demeanor. Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, are required. Domestic and international travel is required.
Apply Now >>
Report this job