Exotic Connector Electricians - Austal USA – Mobile, Alabama
Come join an innovative company where you will have fantastic professional growth potential. Austal has been awarded multiple military vessel contracts and you will have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of ground-breaking ship design, using state-of-the-art materials to construct high-speed vessels.
Due to this growth we have multiple needs for Exotic Connector Electricians to be located in our Mobile, Alabama ship building facility. Full time positions open!
“At Austal, you’ll be part of a world-call team focused on building the most
technologically advanced military ships”
Austal USA offers:
- Competitive Wages and Benefits! (401K with company match, health and dental coverage, bonus incentives, paid vacation, company-paid life insurance, company-paid short-term disability)
- Full-Time work available!
- Excellent Safety Record!
- Great Working Conditions!
- Stable Employment! BACKLOG WORK SECURED!
- Team-oriented Environment!
- Opportunities for Advancement!
- We invest in your future & help you become an elite, highly skilled craftsman!
Read the Requirements below and APPLY NOW for immediate consideration
- The role of this individual is to build and test data network systems aboard Naval vessels.
- Duties include fiber installation, cleaving, polishing, connecting, splicing, (overall management), electro-mechanical installation, connectorization and validation of those connections.
- Hand soldering, and harness and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly a plus.
- Operation of test equipment for evaluating fiber optic and electro-mechanically connected components, sensors and systems.
- Mechanical assembly of sensors, test fixtures and electronics chassis.
- Ensure correct construction procedures are adhered to in compliance with Austal standards.
- Ability to install vessel cables and ready them for termination
- Sound knowledge in the installation of cabling systems to meet marine class society, Navy and Coast Guard regulations.
- Interpretations of electrical schematics and documentation.
- Fiber optic experience in shipboard and/or Commercial fiber optics plus experience
- Years-experience installing Mil./Comm. spec., Cat4,5,5E and Cat6, Amphenol, Copper, Coax, Triax, and Heliax connectors.
- Ability to splice optical fibers, optimize splicing procedures of specialty fibers a plus
- Skilled in fiber optic terminations and military and commercial connectors.
- Must be able to assemble optical fiber lasers and amplifiers
- Competence in using standard fiber optic preparation and splicing equipment, and OTDRs.
- Must be able to test fiber-optic components and systems and document results
- Experience using standard electronic test equipment, including oscilloscopes, function generators, DMMs and spectrum analyzers.
- Excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity, high attention to detail
- Working understanding of the following:
- MIL-STD 2042B, 2052, and NSTM 408.
- EIA/TIA standards 514, 526 and 568.
- Prefer current ETA certifications and accredited Navy MIL-STD 2042 and NAVSEA standard 009-73 training.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in the use of all trade related power tools, testing equipment.
Austal USA is currently building high speed aluminum ships for the US Navy, and was awarded the construction of 10 JHSVs in November 2008 and 10 LCSs in December 2010 worth $5.1billion. With a back log of work for years to come, 4 awards for Excellence in Safety from the Shipbuilders Council of America, and one of the most competitive compensation packages in the industry, we are elated to be the “shipyard of the future”.
Here at Austal USA we pride ourselves on being a “non-traditional” shipyard; with our focus being on our employees as much our product. Our dynamic and opportunistic work environment has allowed us to attract some of the best shipbuilders in the world, as well as grow the future stars of shipbuilding.
||Austal USA, LLC
||Healthcare - Health Services
Austal commenced operations in 1988 with a vision to build high quality commercial vessels for the international market. Today, Austal is a global defence prime contractor and world leader in the design and construction of customised aluminium defence and commercial vessels, and is proud to list amongst its customers many of the world’s leading ferry operators and defence forces.
With shipyards in Western Australia, the United States of America (Mobile, Alabama) and the Philippines, Austal has delivered more than 220 vessels for customers around the world. Austal’s product range includes passenger and vehicle-passenger ferries, patrol boats, theatre support vessels, combat ships, multi-role vessels and luxury private live-aboards. Austal is an established provider of worldwide vessel maintenance and management services. Austal also designs, installs, integrates and maintains sophisticated communications, radar and command and control systems.
Austal listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in December 1998 and has diversified its product base through the acquisitions of Western Australian shipbuilding companies Image Marine and Oceanfast, and Canberra-based Australian Technology Information. Austal’s USA shipyard was established in late 1999, and is now one of the largest employers in the Mobile area.
The company also provides vessel support services from its facilities in the United States, Australia, Europe, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online: Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort fo monetary transaction. Learn more
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.