Retail Lending Underwriter II - RLU UA - Minneapolis
Provide an independent assessment of proposed loan applications for consumer lending real estate and non-real estate loans. Review loan applications received from Loan Officers. Identify areas in which loan applications do not conform to TCF policies and prepare summary and approval requests for Retail Lending Senior Management.
This position will relocate from Minneapolis to Plymouth in 2015.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Prepare loan approval documentation that is presented to Senior Management. Review loans for eligibility within the bank’s lending authority for all lending products including, equity lines and other consumer loans originated through the branches and/or online. Determine all non-conformity with TCF policies and procedures.
- Verify accuracy of information on all submitted loan documents. Ensure application information matches what is displayed in ARGO; verify property is properly tilted, calculate/verify income information, verify tax and employment information; review all other related documents. orrower(s) income sources.
- Assess applicants’ risk factors and decide if applicant is a good risk for loan approval. Analyze credit policy exceptions and make appropriate approval/counter offer along proper override reasons while maintaining acceptable levels of delinquency. Recommend/submit approvals based on risk factors; put loans into closing, with approval authority up to $250,000. Review and approve loan requests prepared by subordinate personnel within the UA Department.
- Effectively communicate with originators, branches, processing, closing and secondary departments regarding all conditions needed. Actively answer questions and give direction regarding TCF loan policy for lenders, Branch Lending Managers, and Region Managers.
- Review UA related sections of the TCF Retail Lending Policy Manual for necessary corrections/ updates and to ensure that existing policies adhere to prudent underwriting standards, industry best practices, credit risk guidance, and Senior Management directives.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience and coursework in finance related fields.
- 2 years combined work experience in residential/mortgage lending, underwriting, credit analysis, finance or other related field.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with and understand a variety of software applications.
- Ability to work closely with a wide variety of personality types.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to be detail oriented while maintaining a larger picture perspective.
- Strong credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills; ability to analyze and interpret credit quality information.
- Ability to analyze all income sources, including personal and business tax returns.
- Four-year college degree in accounting or finance.
Good understanding of how to calculate debt-to-income ratios, loan-to-value ratios, understand title examinations; understand how to view an appraisal. About TCF Bank
TCF Bank is affiliated with TCF Financial Corporation, a financial holding corporation based in Minnesota. We have banking offices in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota.
Our goal is to be the most convenient bank in the markets we serve. We are looking for employees who value honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, and putting The Customer First. If you have those traits, we invite you to apply at TCF Bank. Benefits
TCF Bank encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k), life insurance, and paid time off. In addition, TCF Bank also offers dependent care spending accounts, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, and an employee referral reward program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
TCF Banks are affiliated with TCF Financial Corporation, a financial holding corporation based in Minnesota. TCF has over 430 banking offices in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota.
TCF believes in community banking. We believe that this is the most consistently profitable type of banking. Our goal is to be the most convenient bank in the markets we serve.
TCF banks a large and diverse customer base. We provide extra services to our customers through 7-day-a-week banking with extended bank hours and convenient locations. Many of our banks are located within local grocery stores. We provide innovative products and excellent customer service.
TCF employees are committed to our community banking philosophy and to always putting The Customer First. Our employees' hard work contributes to the success of our business.
We make a difference in the communities we serve.
TCF encourages open employee communication and promotes from within whenever possible. We place the highest priority on honesty, integrity and ethical behavior. We offer our employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement.