Operations Specialist II FCCS - Financial Intelligence Unit- Minneapolis
Position Summary Major Areas of Accountability
Responsible for processing routine and non-routine work in a prioritized order. Ensures that work is completed within the prescribed deadline.
- May reconcile an assigned general ledger on a daily basis exercising a higher level of judgment.
- May identify differences and resolve more complex outstanding differences daily. Communicates unresolved differences to immediate supervisor.
- Escalate exceptions to normal processing to supervisor, exercising a higher level of judgment.
- May process customer account adjustments as appropriate to complete their daily balancing procedures. Exercises higher level of judgment and discretion.
- Communicate with both internal and/or external customers on more complex issues.
- Adhere to policies and procedures within the department
- May complete assigned daily, weekly, monthly management reports.
- Analyze accounts appearing on more complex risk filter reports on a daily basis. Determine and perform actions necessary to reduce potential financial loss.
- Determine if Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR’s) are required and prepare same within the prescribed time frames/guidelines ensuring compliance with the Regulation.
- Notify customers of actions taken on accounts and maintain records of all actions in accordance with Regulations.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers on related issues.
- Complete assigned daily/weekly/monthly management reports.
- Adhere to policies and procedures within the department as well as Federal Regulations and State Laws.
- High school diploma or general education degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some post high school education preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize work load and work area; ability to effectively assess priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to speak with customers, employees and members of the community.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Six months previous banking or investigative experience.
- Previous experience with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
TCF is affiliated with TCF Financial Corporation, a financial holding corporation based in Minnesota. We have banking offices in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota.
Our goal is to be the most convenient bank in the markets we serve. We are looking for employees who value honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, and putting The Customer First. If you have those traits, we invite you to apply at TCF. Benefits
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits
link on our career page. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
TCF Banks are affiliated with TCF Financial Corporation, a financial holding corporation based in Minnesota. TCF has over 430 banking offices in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota.
TCF believes in community banking. We believe that this is the most consistently profitable type of banking. Our goal is to be the most convenient bank in the markets we serve.
TCF banks a large and diverse customer base. We provide extra services to our customers through 7-day-a-week banking with extended bank hours and convenient locations. Many of our banks are located within local grocery stores. We provide innovative products and excellent customer service.
TCF employees are committed to our community banking philosophy and to always putting The Customer First. Our employees' hard work contributes to the success of our business.
We make a difference in the communities we serve.
TCF encourages open employee communication and promotes from within whenever possible. We place the highest priority on honesty, integrity and ethical behavior. We offer our employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement.