South University traces its heritage to 1899, when it began as a private academic institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities for the intellectual, social, and professional development of a diverse student population. To achieve this purpose, the university offers focused and balanced curricula at the associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels. The broad-based core curriculum promotes critical thinking, effective verbal and written communication, and skills for life-long learning. Additionally, the university focuses on developing the desire and the necessary skills to pursue knowledge. South University's approach to higher education and the rich academic experiences offered our students encourage both personal and professional fulfillment. As a result, our graduates enter the workforce prepared to function with the highest professionalism, and a strong commitment to the advancement of community.
We believe that one of the keys to our success in preparing students lies in the impeccable quality of our faculty and staff. As a place where expert educators and highly motivated business people can pursue career goals, South University offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified professionals. South University is a dynamic place to work, with the advantages of a large organization and the agility of a small University. We strive to maintain an environment where faculty and staff can both develop and apply their skills and passions in order to provide the most relevant, challenging, and worthwhile educational experience for our students. Don't miss the opportunity to join a culture that is grounded in excellence and positioned to provide a better future for both the community and our students.
Summary: The part time instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. This position is part time/adjunct only.
Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
1. Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the South University style of system delivery.
2. Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and (in the case of online instructors ONLY) delivers the instruction as approved.
3. Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
4. Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
5. Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
6. Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
7. Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
8. Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
Reports To: Program Director
Interacts With: Academic affairs department, other school/campus functional areas, curriculum task force and other committees, other faculty, and students
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
a) PhD in Accounting, from a regionally accredited university required
b) Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
c) Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
d) Current state licensure required as applicable to the discipline
a) Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
b) Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
c) Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
d) Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
a) Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
b) Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
c) Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
d) Ability to learn from students’ participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual d) Ability to learn from students’ participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
- Company:South University
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:High Point, NC 27265
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Education
- Req'd Education:Graduate Degree
- Req'd Experience:Not Specified