Global Account Manager (P&L)
Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the world’s leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
providers that offers complete design, engineering, and manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive, computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure,
medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design, build,
ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
The Director, Global Account Management is responsible for one or more programs with one or two key customers, and will ensure execution of these programs across Flextronics functional areas to meet the customer requirements. The Director, Global Account Management will also drive resolution of commercial issues with the customer to ensure overall account performance to Flextronics financial goals.
In addition the Director, Global Account Management will be the primary local customer interface to address issues across operations, design, business development, and will ensure excellent customer service across all programs.
Longer term goal is to have the ability to drive the entire Home Automation group of accounts from strategy formulation to execution, with the intent to develop a team of account managers for the individual accounts as it grows.
The Director, Global Account Management will:
• Manage account level P&Ls. Conduct monthly financial reviews and forecast reviews with our factories and finance organization.
• Manage customer relationship on a Global basis and will act as the first escalation point globally for all product programs, projects and operational performance issues.
• Manage commercial issues for individual product programs and across product programs, including quarterly price negotiations, cost recovery for product/program changes, RFQ process for new programs, and contracts.
• Ensure collaborative cross-functional teamwork to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control all phases of the product programs from RFQ through development, NPI, and ramp to stable production.
• Ensure effective two-way communications between Customer and Flextronics Sites.
• Drive account strategy for future business growth and continuous improvement in account financial performance.
• Provide the necessary leadership and support to site Project Managers (design, NPI, lead etc) to ensure programs are executed to plans and customer issues are handled properly.
• Conduct quarterly business reviews with the customer
• Conduct operational reviews with Flextronics design & operations teams to ensure Flextronics and Customer requirements are at the required levels, throughout the product life cycle.
• Ensure cost reduction plans are in place and actively drive them to meet both internal and customer targets.
• Ensure all programs and project teams adhere to the Flextronics Product Life Cycle Process (FPLC) process.
• Be responsive to customer requests and ensure high Customer Satisfaction. Ensure effective and timely corrective action of any performance and customer service related issues
Minimum (MUST HAVE) Qualifications:
• Strong Customer Service experience
• P&L experience
• Expertise in business development and negotiation of commercial issues (price, contract terms, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills – direct & unassuming, with the ability to quickly assess complex issues and discern the key messages
• Ability to interface and communicate with different levels of the organization, both at customer & Flextronics
• Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail. Ability to dig deep into issues when needed.
• Comprehensive understanding of contracts and service agreements
• Comprehensive understanding of product development, from design to NPI to supply chain to manufacturing operations
• Demonstrates sound leadership capabilities in line with the ten Flextronics Leadership traits.
• Strong business and financial acumen, and a complete understanding of the Flextronics Business model
• Well organized & disciplined, sets priorities and manages time effectively
• Demonstrates resourcefulness, creativity, flexibility and a relentless drive to ensure business success
• Committed to driving a Culture of Continuous Improvement
• Strong team building & leadership skills with the ability to build commitment and intense collaboration within the team
TECHNICAL JOB SKILLS OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Thorough understanding of design & manufacturing process
• Experience working in or managing operations
• Comprehensive Understanding of the contents of the contracts or service agreements
“Flextronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.”
Not Ready to Apply?
At Flextronics, impossible is where breakthrough begins. As a socially-responsible, global leader in design, manufacturing, distribution and aftermarket services, Flextronics is unique in its ability to provide end-to-end solutions through its innovative and proprietary systems — all to enhance customer competitiveness and success. Working across four business groups and several business units, Flextronics is able to unleash the full potential of the world’s most valuable brands and new ventures.
What Flextronics creates is value. By increasing speed to market and driving competitive positioning for customers, Flextronics in essence solves customers’ most challenging problems better, faster and more cost effectively than any other company. Flextronics is able to manage big data in a way that allows for trending in market environments that are in flux, allowing the Company to provide solutions for customers, often before a challenge is ever realized.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.