Company: CHRISTUS Health
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Finance
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Responsible for leading the application of the principles of the Patient Financial Service (RCBS) standards to continuously improve the processes. Accountable for assuring a process and resource allocation to achieve the goals and objectives of the assigned areas which may include billing, collection, cash posting, payment validation, collection, assembly, correspondence, customer service and other operational support activities. Responsible for assuring that standard process discipline is adhered to. Assures that high performance work team is developed through coaching, mentoring and daily shift briefings. Responsible for the analysis of the performance metrics to improve process performance through use of Management by Fact process and analysis tools. Responsible for implementing process change identified through the MBF process or through world class revenue cycle process work or through team briefings.
Whether your skills lie in patient care or administration and you prefer to work in not-for-profit health care, CHRISTUS Health facilities may have a career opportunity for you. CHRISTUS Health and our facilities are committed to being an equal opportunity employer as part of our on-going mission. It is the policy of CHRISTUS Health not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, orientation, disability, age or national origin.
CHRISTUS Health is committed to providing meaningful benefits for you and your family and to sharing with you the prosperity you help create. We support our health care teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Medical Health Coverage
Prescription Drug Plan
Group Term Life
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
A. Education and Training:
- 4 Year College Degree or equivalent hospital leadership experience required.
- 5+ years direct, progressively responsible supervisory experience, preferably in a multi-site/multi-state corporate environment, necessary to gain full understanding of billing, credit and collection functions, financial analysis and third party payer procedures in order to effectively direct departmental functions and activities.
- Minimum of three years progressive work experience in Hospital Billing preferred.
- Must have knowledge, or obtain knowledge within 90 days, on Workers Compensation, HMO’s and PPO’s, Medicare and Medicaid procedures for payment turnaround.
- Knowledge of third party rules and regulations, or obtain knowledge within 90 days.
- Years of experience, education and work performance of an internal Associate may be reviewed and considered for possible promotion into this position if the Associate has demonstrated knowledge of third party rules and requirements and RCBS principles and processes.
C. Technical Skills:
- Management by Fact process skills to develop root cause and corrective actions for teams (can be trained within 3 months of hiring).
- Lean Six Sigma skills (possess or obtain within 3 months of hiring).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to present and explain information to customers in a desired manner consistent with procedures.
- Must have practical experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Adobe applications.
D. Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to lead teams, mentor and support development of resources.
- Must have professional and courteous skills.
- Must have ability to make independent decisions that are generally guided by established procedures and/or collection process.
- Must have extensive knowledge of ethical and compliant business practices.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
E Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
Billing & Collection Teams (Government & Commercial)
• Ensures process and resource allocation for timely and appropriate charity and bad debt account referral.
• Direct activities of Associates in areas of patient and third party billing to ensure proper standards of Integrity:
- Coordinates with Management, Integrity team and other hospital departments to ensure billing compliance in a proactive manner in determining and correcting quality issues.
- Ensures claims are submitted as required in accordance with all federal, state and local government regulations and requirements.
- Functions as the “gatekeeper” of all governmental newsletters, updates and billing requirements. Provides updated regulatory documentation to applicable personnel within other departments and follows through to ensure that proper procedures were implemented to support changes regulation.
• Ensures process and resource allocation such that all payer remittances are documented and account follow up activity occurs within 48 hours of receipt while meeting quality expectation.
• Ensures processes and resource allocation such that all claims are submitted within a timely manner. Final bills must be submitted within 24 hours of generation of claim and rebills within 48 hours of request, allowing for weekends and holidays.
• Maintain a process that produces no filing deadlines errors from billing.
• Ensures processes and resource allocation for reconciliation of billing files.
• Provides continuous updates, reports and feedback to Department Management to ensure all issues impacting Billing, Integrity and Compliance and Timely Claims Submissions are proactively communicated.
• Manages to ensure that collections and refunds practices meet government mandated guidelines.
• Ensures account follow-up meets all standards of quality and effectiveness as outlined in policy and procedure, including, but not limited to, timeliness of account follow-up, thoroughness of documentation and accuracy of account demographic information.
• Assures process and resource allocation to provide required payer documentation assembly and filing in a timely manner.
Cash Posting Teams
• Direct activities of Cash Posting to ensure all insurance, patient, government and other associated A/R payments are posted accurately, within an ethical manner that meets all company standards for internal audit and segregation of duties.
• Ensures that all payments received are properly recorded in HBOC Star Financial Systems and that
• Ensures processes and resource allocation to assure that all tasks assigned to the miscellaneous teams are executed to established timelines.
Customer Service Teams
• Directs Activity of Customer Service Associates to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
• Assures process and resource allocation to correct documentation and follow-up of any customer issues identified.
Requisition Number: 0016682
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.