| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Systems Performance Engineer
|Job Reference Number
The System Performance Engineer is responsible for continuous improvement of system performance and optimizing the regional cellular/data system.
- Reducing Lost Calls/Dropped Data Connections, and Ineffective Voice attempts/Failed Data Sessions
- Analyze internal and external baseline results and implement solutions for improving those results with goal of meeting KPI objectives.
- Other responsibilities include: troubleshooting and resolving system problems that include, but are not limited to, handoff failures, frequency related issues, intermodulation, call delivery, radio and network blocking, high FER, poor EC/IO, low data throughput and data capacity; troubleshooting and resolving customer service issues in a timely fashion; developing translations for new cell sites, cell site modifications, cell site re-homes, carrier additions, cell site upgrades or modifications as well as for new switching equipment; verifying and optimizing new network equipment to meet or exceed original network configurations; and providing test services in support.
- Manages efficiency metrics (carrier efficiencies, channel utilization, data efficiency) proactively conducts long term planning to ensure long lead performance solutions are tracked and included in network upgrades/redesigns, and ensuring network performance maintains consistency with changing requirements and needs of the business.
- Collaborates with RF Design engineers in the development and approval of new cell site search area locations as required for traffic needs, baseline needs, and other performance issues, and leads projects by coordinating teams; developing schedules; identifying action items; and completing deliverables on time and within budget.
- Additional responsibilities include basic project management and ability to interface and provide liaison support to various sales teams
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://ps-prdsso.ehr.verizon.com/psp/vzehpra_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRPM.HRS_JOB_OPENING.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PST_DSCR_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PST_DSCR_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Master’s degree a plus
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with LTE/CDMA/EVDO cellular systems desired.
- knowledge of Alcatel Lucent LTE /Nortel/NSN CDMA-EVDO cellular infrastructure is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience with DAS and In Building repeater systems is required.
- Demonstrate knowledge in design and optimization techniques for LTE/CDMA/EVDO networks.
- Thorough background in RF theory, Antenna theory, and working knowledge of wireless voice and data test equipment including: Data-Pro/QXDM, pilot scanners, spectrum analyzers, GPS, post-processing tools such as Actix, Windcatcher and GIS tools such as MapInfo.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to demonstrate good analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the job functions with general guidance, and understand the job, department's, and company’s expectations and goals
- Demonstrate decision making skills via appropriate use of available information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support from management and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes
- Demonstrate leadership skills, commitment to excellence, following company values and policies with integrity.
- Initiating action accepting responsibility for results, maintaining good interpersonal relationships with team members, and making quality decisions
- Demonstrate innovative ability by trying alternate solutions to resolve issues and adjusting to a dynamic, changing business environment
- Demonstrate organizational and planning skills by developing and completing concise project plans, and completing projects in a methodical fashion.
- Demonstrate good communication skills by communicating, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner; listening attentively; applying appropriate grammar; and integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources
- Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Driver's License required.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://ps-prdsso.ehr.verizon.com/psp/vzehpra_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRPM.HRS_JOB_OPENING.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PST_DSCR_DESCRLONG$3','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PST_DSCR_DESCRLONG$3');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.