The Accounting Associate applies basic principles of accounting and accepted procedures to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Performs any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May work in a variety of different accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, etc.Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Compile and review source documents, such as vouchers, invoices, purchase orders, and cash receipts, for completeness and accuracy.
• Verify and post details of business transactions to appropriate ledgers and journals.
• Compute and record charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
• Prepare computer input forms for processing of transaction data.
• Compare print-outs against source documents and journal entries to verify accuracy, and prepare input forms to reconcile errors.
• Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
• Review records and subsequent computer printouts to balance accounts and to identify suspense items or delinquent accounts requiring further action.
• File and maintain clerical records, and report pertinent information to accounting or technical operations.
• Assist in balancing accounts by running tapes, proofreading, etc.
• Prepare summary of balances, cost information, or other reports as requested for supervisor's use in preparing financial statements.
• May prepare and mail bills or statements, or prepare lists of outstanding bills payable.
• May accept payment from customers, count cash and maintain cash book or other control records, and resolve customer issues.Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Basic knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
• Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications
• Organized and detail oriented
• Good math skills
• Good telephone and communication skills
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work under tight time schedules and to handle multiple tasks EXPERIENCEMinimum of 1 year of directly related training and/or experience
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.