The Sales Associate (Solar) is responsible for achieving inside sales revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to the customer’s buying experience. May own a book of accounts.
• Obtains orders by answering telephone calls, verifying and entering items, transferring orders to fulfillment, explaining stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
• Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management
• Collaborates with Outside Sales to ensure customer satisfaction
• Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checking customer’s buying history
• Opens customer accounts by obtaining customer agreement, collecting customer information and extending credit
• Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, national accounts
• Keeps abreast of new products
• Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes
• Prepares, generates and follow up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders or determine reason for loss of order.
• Maintains customer product discounts through branch price sheets and/or Distribution System price file maintenance screens; including maintenance of appropriate cost files to ensure accuracy of automated supplier claims.
• Investigates deductions made by customer when paying WESCO invoices, obtaining necessary information for management to make a determination of whether credit is to be issued or letter to be written. Prepares replies, credit forms (such as RMA, price adjustment) and/or entering the credit transaction into Distribution System.
• Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items; specifically, those items that may be at risk in meeting the customer’s promised delivery date. Maintains Distribution System backorder report, associated customer expediting report/notices, and customer notification, as required. Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of solar, electrical, construction or mechanical products preferred
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills
• Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form
• Attention to detail
• Ability to interpret complex information
• Ability to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations, maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement
• Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues
• Ability to influence others
• Ability to prepare for emerging customer needs
• Technical aptitude for equipment and service related issues EXPERIENCE2 – 4 years inside sales in solar, electrical or industrial construction equipmentExperience in telephone sales or business development with proven track record of achieving revenue goals
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.