| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
|Job Reference Number
The RF Design Engineer contributes to the RF Design of the regional wireless (CDMA, EVDO and LTE ) network including:
- Search area issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals within area of responsibility
- Utilize knowledge of LTE, CDMA 1x, EVDO and microwave to contribute in network design including Perform Macro/Micro Cell Design including antenna selection and placement
- Redesign mature network areas to minimize capacity constraints and work with other areas of network to ensure performance fixes/initiatives are in place,
- Partner with System Performance to reduce Lost Calls, Ineffective Attempts, Failed connection attempts, Dropped Connections, RRC setup failures, RRC Drops, Context Setup Failures, and Context Drops in assigned area.
- Work with the Regulatory team in preparing timely FCC/FAA and FAS submissions and ensuring the submissions get into NWF (project database).
- Conduct data analysis of switch statistics and drive data or potential sites, new site integration, and system optimization.
- Perform radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition
- Use RF propagation and planning tools, conduct and oversee field tests for potential sites
- Plan frequency assignments and identify technical parameters for network growth as well as plan near-term integration of new technologies for first applications in the network and development of long-term build plans
- Identify location-specific needs for new cells, evaluate coverage problems and new service area requirements for coverage cells
- Attend zoning hearings in support of new cell site acquisitions
- Assist in the training and development of new RF and Associate RF Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of RF Design experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated knowledge in several of the following platforms and/or technologies:
- System Design including: LTE, CDMA, EVDO (Alcatel-Lucent and Ericsson infrastructure)
- Experience with Geoplan, Mapinfo, DPDM, Remedy, NetworkFlow, XNG, VZReg, FCC/ULS, NCWS, RTT, Call Mapper, Neighbor List tool, Network Geographics or other related tools.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent analytic, troubleshooting, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Ability to perform with general guidance and a thorough understanding of the job and the department's expectations and goals
- Must have a valid Driver's license in good standing as this position will require the use of a company vehicle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.