Company: CHRISTUS Continuing Care
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Part-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Health Care
Required Education: Not Specified
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Division: CHRISTUS HomeCare – San Antonio
Work Schedule: Days/Nights
Average Hours per Week: Varies
Travel Involved: 0-10%
Relocation package offered: No
This position is responsible for all operations of a one-person special library. This includes library planning and policymaking, budget management, reference, technical processing, serials management, collection development, stack management and circulation management.
Related to daily duties:
1. The librarian is responsible for library planning and policy making.
2. The librarian is responsible for the yearly budget planning, allocation and control.
3. The librarian is responsible for performing all day-to-day operations of the library: reference, cataloging, and management of the automated system, circulation, collection development and serials management.
4. Oversees the ordering and distribution of office supplies using volunteers for clerical assistance when needed.
Related to the Work Environment:
5. Collaborate with other Associates to ensure that the customer expectations are met.
6. Communicate in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of each Associate.
7. Support other Associates by participating as a team player
8. Treat Associates with respect in the fulfillment of duties.
Related to Associate Development:
9. Attend and participate in departmental meetings.
10. Attend and participate in assigned education events.
11. Provide feedback through Associate Satisfaction surveys and other focus groups/surveys to improve and maintain a great place to work.
A. Education/Skills• Master of Library Science degree from ALA accredited program.• Familiarity with laws that impact libraries, such as copyright laws, etc.• Experience with budget planning, allocation and control and general library planning and policy development.• Experience dealing with difficult or delicate patrons.B. Experience• Experience with Concourse by Book SystemC. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:• None
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.