Valet Parking Ramp Supervisor- Downtown Baltimore Hotels
Get out from behind that desk and spend your days working outdoors in a fun and fast-paced team environment alongside new friends!
Towne Park, America’s leader in valet parking and hospitality staffing solutions, is looking for people like you who are interested in gaining valuable experience working with leading hotel brands like Four Seasons, Marriott, Westin and Hilton.
Work flexible hours that fit your schedule, be eligible to receive health benefits, earn cash tips and build lasting relationships while you gain the service and management insight essential to growing your career. In fact, 90% of our managers began their Towne Park careers parking cars!
For over 25 years, Towne Park has been serving hotels, hospitals and casinos coast to coast – from Annapolis to Anaheim – so you’ll always have a place to work no matter where life takes you!
At Towne Park, we value workforce diversity and encourage everyone to apply.
Are you Driven To Serve®?
The Lead Valet Parking Attendant orchestrates the service experience for hotel guests while working alongside coworkers to ensure the site’s service standards are met or exceeded. Under the direction of the Account Manager, the Lead Valet Parking Attendant has additional duties involving coordination and administration, as well as providing troubleshooting and/or guidance when the manager is not on-site. The Lead Valet Parking Attendant is not a manager; however they may handle critical issues and may be required to make judgment calls when expediency is priority. When issues are not urgent, they report information to the manager, provide the facts of the matter and seek instruction for how to proceed.
Some of the main duties of a Lead Valet Parking Attendant include, but are not limited to:
• Promoting a teamwork philosophy through leading by example and effective communication skills
• Leading the work group in delivering high levels of guest service
• Appointing fellow associates to certain routine roles, assigning coworkers to non-ordinary roles at the direction of the Account Manager
• Assisting the Account Manager as needed to build work schedules and making calls on behalf of the Account Manager to notify fellow associates of schedule changes or openings
• Identifying and collecting revenue for all vehicles, completing accurate cash drop slips and cash drop envelopes, reconciling revenue and tickets at the end of every shift and completing the shift report and other shift paperwork with detail and accuracy
• Effectively performing all the duties associated with the role of Valet Parking Attendant
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read and write standard English language
• Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees
• Must be able to perform basic math in relation to American money, understand rates applicable to time passed and understand 24 hour and military time systems
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distance
• Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.
• HS or equivalent, OR 1-3 months related experience and/or training, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform parallel parking and must be able to drive manual transmission
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
Towne Park began its history of hospitality service in 1987 with one hotel in Annapolis, Maryland. After two decades of proven service and industry-leading solutions, more than 400 properties across the nation entrust Towne Park with their most valuable assets-their guests and patients.
Since founder and CEO Jerry South officially incorporated Towne Park in 1988, its service-minded associates and results-driven processes have consistently met industry challenges and changes. With strategic acquisitions, the company has grown, adding new markets and service sectors. In 2005, Towne Park acquired MediPark Valet, extending its presence in Texas. In 2008, Towne Park acquired Mile Hi Valet Service, making the company the national leader of hospitality staffing and parking solutions. In 2009, Towne Park acquired Avascend Healthcare Hospitality, launching its enterprise into the healthcare sector. Most recently in 2011, Towne Park acquired Quality Parking Service of Los Angeles, CA expanding our California presence.