Nursing careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. A passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. Nursing here isn’t for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Medical Assistant- Rosewood Clinic ( Austin, TX)
The Certified Medical Assistant performs a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel, including administering injections, EKG's, phlebotomy and various other procedures. Delivers quality customer service and maintains established quality control standards.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs all duties within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant (procedures, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy).
2. Rooms patients according to company standards.
3. Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
4. Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
5. Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion.
6. Respects patient confidentiality at all times.
7. Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
8. Maintains certifications (MA and CPR) and quality control standards.
9. Participates in marketing events as determined by business need.
10. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
• High school graduate or GED equivalent required.
• Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration required or the ability to obtain the designation within 90 days of employment.
• Current CPR certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment.
• Basic computer literacy required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology required.
• ICD-9 and CPT coding required.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations required.
• Good communication and customer service skills required.
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
• At least one year of experience as a Medical Assistant.
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
• More than one year of related experience in a medical setting preferred.
WellMed is a healthcare delivery system serving more than 90,000 patients, primarily Medicare eligible seniors, in Texas and Florida through primary care clinics, multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, WellMed is an industry leader in medical risk management, highly effective disease management and chronic care programs, healthcare delivery services and more.
Our focus and mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. We are innovators in preventative healthcare, striving to change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Our providers and support staff are selected for their dedication to the senior population and focus on preventative, proactive patient care.
WellMed is now part of the OptumHealth division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Nurse
Job Reference Code: UHG-545537
Position Type: Full-Time