Sr Web Developer - realtor.com®
Move Inc is currently looking for a strong Senior Web Developer to develop high quality software for our flagship web site, realtor.com®, in our San Jose, CA office.
If you want to work on a high performance, high traffic, interactive AJAX site supporting complex business rules, SEO and instrumentation then read on! This is a place where real home buyers and sellers come to find properties and related information in an easy-to-use site that meets their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience regarding product definition, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions
- Design, Develop & Maintain features and applications that will excite and please a user base of millions
- Perform code reviews, code refactoring, and mentor other developers in best practices
- Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and predictably
- BS CS / equivalent or higher
- 3+ years front end development at a high traffic consumer web site and 5+ years of software development experience
- Understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Experience with performance optimization for high-traffic web applications
- Passion for developing intuitive, high-performing user interfaces
- Ability to effectively translate business needs to technology solutions
Personal characteristics include:
- You are passionate about creating world-class consumer web experiences for our consumers, customers, and partners
- You are highly productive, self-motivated, creative, focused, and have excellent communication skills
- You have high integrity. You are curious and love to learn
- You stay up-to-date with relevant technologies and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices
- You seek out challenges and take calculated risks when appropriate
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to apply?