Manager, IT Systems
Golden1 Credit Union, California’s leading credit union, is seeking a professional to work as the Manager, IT Systems. This position will work in our IT Network Services department at our headquarters in Sacramento, Calif. This position is responsible for directing, overseeing, and delivering a robust and stable production enterprise server and storage environment. In addition, this role is responsible for developing and maintaining business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the areas of oversight, including routine testing of key assumptions made in both plans. The manager leads the teams responsible for the server and storage infrastructures, including providing all necessary support, project oversight, and production activities; as well as working with and influencing across various lines of business and technology groups. At a high level, this role is responsible for forecast planning of infrastructure resources, monitoring methodologies and implementations, maintaining active/active datacenter configuration management, and budgeting activities. Additionally, they serve as the subject matter expert for server and storage infrastructures.
The potential Candidate must meet the following minimum
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of management or supervisory experience (including direct supervision of a staff)
- A minimum of ten years technical experience in servers, storage, systems and applications with a focus on trouble-shooting, analysis, project control, and design is required (Microsoft software desired).
- Experience building robust, high availability, mission critical server and storage infrastructures including Active/Active datacenter configurations with N+1 (or greater) redundancy
- Proficient understanding of the relationships and interaction between hardware, operating systems and application software; understanding of network concepts and devices; Expert level knowledge of systems and hardware concepts and applications including: Network systems software and hardware configuration and design, SAN, NFS, RAID, DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, Microsoft Server (2000/2003), Exchange Server (2000/2003), IIS, and Active Directory, systems backup and recovery; Familiarity with security concepts such as cryptography and system hardening; Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, Linux (Red Hat), Solaris, and VMWare ESX operating environments
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft OS 2003/2008/2008R2, F5 Load Balancing, SAN, NFS, RAID, DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, Exchange, IIS, and Active Directory is required
- Architectural tools, techniques, and knowledge of server, storage and security systems is required
- Extensive experience with VMware is required
Golden 1 Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
The Golden 1 Credit Union is California's leading financial cooperative, and the sixth largest credit union in the U.S. with more than $7 billion in assets and nearly 600,000 members. We have more than 80 branches, 270 ATMs and 30,000 network ATMs nationwide. Our non-cash offices are conveniently located within places of business you may already visit.
Founded by a group of California state employees in 1933, Golden 1 is a membership financial cooperative which is owned by its members. In keeping with the credit union philosophy of "people helping people," Golden 1 offers our members a wide range of low-cost consumer financial products and high-quality service.
We deliver financial solutions with value, convenience, and exceptional service.
A dynamic and trusted leader committed to enhancing the financial well-being of our members and diverse communities.