is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Genesis10 is seeking a Release Manager to work in Kansas City, MO on a long-term contract supporting our financial industry client. Description:
The Release Manager’s role is to act as the lead in identifying all items that need to be coordinated, managed, scheduled, and planned across a software release. Responsibilities:
- Partner with Project Manager and six Business Analysts to track thousands of requirements
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Development Manager
- Part of the project is to move two applications to be located on a physical server environment
- Assist in the maintenance of the RM Process documentation as well as identifying and implementing improvements to that process
- Assist with the development and coordination of system “Deploy Schedules”
- Assist in the management of all software deployments to Staging, and Production environments
- Work closely with Program and Project Management teams to determine and manage release content
- Assist with the management of operational change requests
- Contribute to process improvements for the release management process
- Ensure requirements are clear across dependent project streams within a release
- Ensure requirements that impact other projects are submitted to the other projects/applications requirements lists or backlogs
- Track changes to requirements and communicate impacts to other dependent project/application releases
- Ensure tasks associated with parallel deliverables are included in the project plan (build time, run time, merging, etc.)
- Ensure items released in a parallel branch are merged and tested into the release as appropriate
- Manage the deployment of the deliverables to the test environment specifically ensuring that the external dependent items are available at test runtime
- Manage the deployment of deliverables into production (e.g., ensuring all pieces are collected for distribution and the distribution occurs to the correct group of potential users and targeted locations)
- Validate the release notes with the Release Engineer and Project Manager
- Validate the release is operating as expected
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply! Only W2 candidates will be considered. About Genesis10:
- Hands on person – must be able to be immersed in the system and to generate documentation
- Be a problem solver with sound judgment and decision-making skills which includes the ability to prioritize and assess impacts of issues to other resources
- Manage client expectations to insure realistic deliverables
- Ability to pursue and resolve issues independently and quickly
- Strong teamwork skills
- Proficient in MS-Office Suite of tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of defect tracking systems such as Jira
- Must possess excellent time management skills and be flexible
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of Configuration Management including Change Control practices a plus
- Requires a driving personality and be willing push back when required
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
“Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”
If you’re at the top of your industry and looking for projects commensurate with your experience and expertise, you’re in good company with Genesis10.
We believe that candidates are much more than the sum of their resume entries. That’s why we want to get to know you as a person, not just as a professional. When we understand your goals and aspirations, we can make more informed choices regarding the projects and clients we recommend for you.
Our ultimate goal is to build long-term relationships that lead from project to project. We succeed by keeping you engaged, paying market rates and delivering measurable and consistent value to our clients—preferably clients in your local area. Keeping things local means we can help you balance work with what really matters: your life.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Kansas City, MO
Stay in touch with hot career listings,
business articles & more.