Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
High level management position with responsibility over a multi-disciplined technical staff. Leads the Manufacturing Engineering Department that supports and influences new product development teams in best practices of DfMA, develops critical production tooling and processes, ensure systems and methods are upgraded to support meet technology advancements for printer products and aftermarket kits. As required, may also lead/support various operational groups in completion of complex projects and determining root cause and resolution of performance related issues and cost reduction efforts.
1. Lead DFMA program.
2. Designs and implements processes and methods for New Product Development programs to ensure cost and quality targets are achieved.
3. Ensures production capacity at CM's meets launch and short term requirements.
4. Designs, implements, and/or supports Zebra-owned tooling located in house, at CM's, and key suppliers as assigned.
5. Supports escalations of production issues.
6. Ensures robust manufacturing process requirements are defined and implemented to support technology advancements.
7. Designs, tests product packaging to meet product specification requirements and cost targets
8. Develops and implements technical transfer plans in support of outsourcing strategies
9. Develops departmental expense budget in addition to planning capital expenditure budgets
10. Supports cross functional activities associated with EO release and Change Control management
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
B.S. or higher degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or related fields.
Minimum of ten years encompassing technical, supervisory, managerial, and project management
Strong verbal and written commuication skills upward, laterally, and downward in a multi-cultural environment.
A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra provides enabling technologies that allow customers to take smarter actions.
Zebra's extensive portfolio of barcode, receipt, kiosk and RFID printers and supplies, as well as real-time location solutions give a digital voice to assets, people and transactions that provides greater visibility into mission-critical information.