Director of Business Development
Move is seeking a Director of Business Development who has a strong background and abilities in alliance and partner development and transaction execution. The Director of Business Development will be a key participant in developing and executing on partnerships and acquisitions for Move, Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall. Business Development at Move is responsible for driving non-organic growth, including negotiating partnerships that generate new revenue streams, drive distribution of Move brands, generate new users for the company, add value to the consumer experience as well as developing strategic assets.
- Alliance and Partner Development – Develop company and partner concepts and business models including factors such as market segmentation, value proposition development, product positioning, pricing strategy, channel strategy, etc. Develop plans regarding target partner candidates, evaluation criteria / rationale, prioritization in relation to strategy goals. Identify, source, open, develop, negotiate and manage relationships with strategic partners in industries targeted to be relevant to Move, Inc.’s strategic goals. These are expected to include on-line media and audience partners (both local and national), real estate, data, finance, direct marketing, product and technology providers. Represent Move in meetings with staff and senior executives from other companies.
- Transaction Execution. Initiate and complete proposals, presentations, negotiations, establishment of terms and conditions for a variety of transaction / arrangement types including distribution / syndication arrangements, sales, traffic acquisition, data acquisition and licensing, technology and intellectual property licensing, mergers/acquisitions/divestitures, JV’s and other strategic alliances.
- This position will include required travel (e.g. 20%+).
- 5-10 years of experience in the online media or consumer Internet space with an emphasis on partner negotiations, analysis and deal execution.
- Extensive knowledge of online business models and Internet/consumer technology
- Familiarity with on-line real estate highly desired.
- MBA from a top 20 program
- Proven track record of success and execution with high standards of professionalism
- Financial modeling, analytical skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Partnership development (including negotiation) capabilities; transaction experience
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated, high level of initiative, with ability to work in an unstructured environment (strong operational mindset, decisive, with a 'get it done' and “deliver results” mentality)
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Strong analytical skills (experience building, evaluating and clearly presenting complex business models is critical)
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work with and influence others without formal authority
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Technology licensing experience
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to apply?