Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Sr Project Manager will report to the Director of Program Management and Service Optimization, Shared Business Services (SBS). The Sr Project Manageris responsible for leading, planning and implementing major project initiatives, including year-end ERP work, business process changes, the use of technology to support the business’ current and strategic objectives. The Project Manager is accountable for DRIVING and delivering assigned projects on schedule and with customers’ expected deliverables deployed. Management of risks, issues, and escalations are important for this position. Assisting functional leads with the WBS and leading them down the project management path is critical.
The Sr Project Manager will further develop and manage the project schedule, facilitate project team meetings, manage issues and risks, and hold team accountable for providing deliverables on time with quality. The successful candidate will be able to work under minimal supervision as well as, within a team environment.
- Lead project team and ensure team clearly understands project scope & schedule; ability to hold team accountable to providing deliverables on time
• Manages communication to sponsor and other project stakeholders
• Ability to develop/hone top down and bottom up work breakdown structure
• Responsible for ensuring project deliverables are delivered on-time with quality
• Development of project risk register and mitigation plans
• Development and management of project plans and aligned project budgets/forecasts
• Schedules and facilitates project meetings
• Updates project metadata and status reports
• Manages project documents, approvals, issues, decisions on project Sharepoint site
• Assist in acquisition of necessary resources (hardware, software, onboarding)
• Understands impacts of scope change to project schedule and budget
• Ability to manage several projects concurrently
• Other duties as assigned
- PMP Certification
Learn More about Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• Ability to drive projects, not simply report status
• Related Bachelor’s degree (Fin, Acct, HR, IT, etc,) and minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager
• Possesses strong Microsoft Project knowledge
• Strong understanding of PMIs 9 knowledge areas
• Possesses a basic knowledge of various software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc)
• Ability to clearly communicate scope, expectations, plans, and hold team accountable for project commitments
• Strong relationship building competency
• Ability to avoid/resolve team conflicts
• Ability to quickly learn internal Financial, HR and IT processes
• Experience working with SAP or other ERP packages
• Previous experience in a mature PMO
• Experience in Shared Services
• Ability to perform project management duties regardless of technology or software in scope
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate organizational structure changes that may be required in order to improve a business process
Visit Our Website
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.