Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Under the general direction of the Shared Business Services (SBS) Accounts Payable Lead, this role is responsible for managing vendor master data, workflow and document management processes across multiple business units, including projects and related continuous improvement efforts. Establishes plans and objectives for the vendor master data integrity, workflow, and document management and directs and develops staff, and ensures resources are in place and operating effectively to meet business goals. The position is generally responsible for 3-5 teammates.
- Ensure and monitor regulatory compliance of vendor set up process
• Ensure regulatory compliance of vendor set up process
• Reviews Vendor Master File periodically
• Oversee the reporting of annual State and Federal compliance reporting, 1099s etc.
• Perform spend analysis to identify opportunities for potential discounts, consolidation and Pcard use
• Ensures OCR scanning and verify schedules are adhered to; benchmarks are met and communicate any delays
• Identify and develop opportunities related to enhancements of SAP work flow and the scanning process.
• Manage SAP workflow process and implement in new areas as needed.
• Manage and troubleshoot interface errors
• Assess processes and procedures related to Accounts Payable and make recommendations accordingly
• Manage/lead projects related to Accounts Payable
• Perform moderate to complex data analysis (e.g. Cash Flow improvement analysis)
• As issues arise, data analysis and research to identify root cause issues and drive process improvement.
• Maintain SLAs with internal customer/clients
• Strictly enforce the internal control policies and procedures
• All data entry functions will be performed in the BATO SSC in Costa Rica. This position will not be directly responsible for managing AP clerks however will be responsible for monitoring KPIs and managing escalations from the SSC as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required and 7 years of experience required.
Learn More about Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• Experience in automated workflow, vendor portal, EDI is preferred
Skills & Abilities:
• Must be a self-starter with proven track record for accounting, operations and analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to take action, multi-task, and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Ensure all accounting records, policies, and practices are compliant with federal, state and local government laws and regulations as well as various regulatory agencies, and our client’s policy.
• Excellent teamwork skills and demonstrated ability to interact with and influence all levels and types of people.
• Assist user community with ad hoc reporting on Accounts Payable Vendor reports, and help resolve payment issues.
• Exceptional computer skills, including accounting systems knowledge of Excel specifically with the use of complex formulas and functions, to include but not limited to VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, IF and nested IF Statements.
• Within the ERP financial module, must be able perform GL Reconciliation
• Experience in SAP, PeopleSoft , Lawson or TirePro preferred
• Attract, retain, motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance.
Visit Our Website
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.