The Office Associate schedules appointments, gives information to callers and otherwise relieves managers of clerical work and minor administrative and business details. Primarily a switchboard/receptionist position.
• Read and route incoming mail
• Locate and attach appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by manager
• Compose and type routine correspondence
• Edit work for spelling and grammar
• Organize and maintain file system and file correspondence and other records
• Answer and screen manager’s telephone calls and arrange conference calls
• Coordinate manager’s schedule and make appointments
• Greet scheduled visitors and conduct to appropriate area or person
• Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations
• Conduct research and compile and type statistical reports
• Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities and record and transcribe minutes of meetings
• Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials
• Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes
• Maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance
• May perform basic accounting duties, such as light receivables/payables and/or invoice approval preparation.
• Supervise and assign work to other staff, if applicable. Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Strong comprehension of WESCO policies, systems and procedures.
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities
• Complete administrative tasks accurately and on time
• Adapts to changes in the work flow and is able to multitask
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Computer Skills EDUCATION High School Degree or Equivalent EXPERIENCEOne to three years related experience
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.