Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable.
Technical Support, Tier III Job
Technical Support HIRING Event
Tuesday, July 15th 10am-3pm
1015 Olentangy River Rd
Columbus, OH 43212
Please apply online at www.jobs.twc.com
Complete application & assessment prior to event
Provide residential customers with high level technical support for TWC Internet, Home Phone and Terms of Service in a manner that is consistent with Time Warner Cable policies, procedures, quality standards, customer needs and applicable local, state, and federal policies. This position responds to network problems and stability concerns. This position proactively utilizes all diagnostic and monitoring tools available to ensure uninterrupted service for all of our customers.
Essential Job Functions:
% of time Function
10% Provide first class customer service over the phone and via other electronic methods of communication on an everyday basis.
10% Utilizes good interpersonal skills and proper telephone etiquette.
10% Utilizes good verbal and written communications skills.
10% Ability to learn and understand frequently changing technical terminology.
10% Respond to trouble reports which cannot be resolved by first level and second level support efforts.
10% Ability to communicate and understand the practical use of advanced tools.
10% Utilizes customer ticketing system to track and trend customer inquiries.
10% Ability to multitask different job responsibilities and assignments effectively and efficiently.
10% Ability to work with multiple departments within TWC
10% Provide value-added service by introducing and selling products and services not currently in the customer's home that might enhance the customer's overall experience
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate degree in computer science or related field preferred.
One (1) year of experience with operations of ISP or larger enterprise organization and computing environment required.
- Past experience with diagnostic applications required.
- Working knowledge of all customer equipment and cable plant required.
- Two years of practical troubleshooting and technical analysis preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge of HSD/voice network layout required.
- Strong PC skills required. Must be proficient in all Windows systems, Microsoft Office applications, diagnostic applications, field diagnostic equipment, various electronic devices and peripherals.
- Understanding of installation aspects related to cable television, data and voice service ideal.
- Thorough knowledge of PC hardware and software configuration and installation, computer networking and IP, web browser, hubs and homenetworking required.
- Individual must be technically savvy and able to learn new technology and program applications quickly.
- Individual must be focused on making our organization the best provider of customer care.
Monitor technical operation of the high speed data network.
- Follow escalation procedures to respond to out of service conditions while utilizing great analytical skills.
- Respond to out of tolerance conditions.
- Work with local and global RDC/GNOC to resolve individual and multiple customer service problems.
- Refer all trouble reports associated with equipment or software to appropriate personnel.
- Utilizes a practical working knowledge of advanced diagnostic tools.
- Analyze, diagnose, and correct hardware and/or software errors associated with all HSD equipment under the division's control in such a way as to minimize system downtime.
- Ability to apply advanced product knowledge and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills, including decision making skills, in such areas as, but not limited to, basic customer care inquiries, supplying updated product knowledge to customers, matching customer interests to services available, placing orders and performing data entry in a billing and ticketing system.
- Monitor all referrals through closure and confirm resolution by contacting impacted HSD customers.
- Act as liaison to all vendor help desk personnel, division technical personnel, and other internal and external departments who require high level technical support or assistance.
Monitor the telephony infrastructure
- Utilize software to remotely identify and diagnose issues pertaining to digital phone infrastructure
- Able to identify provisioning issues as they relate to digital phone and effectively correct
- Analyze, diagnose, and correct hardware and/or software errors associated with digital phone
- Knowledge of POTS and troubleshooting practices
- Coordinate with TWC, LEC, and/or vendors to resolve digital phone issues
- Follow escalation procedures to respond to out of service issues
- Proactively monitor and identify digital phone and networking issues before they become customer impacting
Support Provisioning and Completion of Digital Phone orders.
- Manage a daily work load of data entry with accuracy and speed
- Manage changes for existing customer accounts
- Answer phone calls with regards to specific issues on customer accounts
- Work with government agency in resolving escalated customer issues
FCC Unit_TWC: 0534
Controlling Establishment ID: 00026 - Columbus Olentangy River Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.