UPS, Inc. | Cincinnati, OH | Posted 8/4/2014
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is recruiting a US Distribution Industrial Engineering (IE) Co-op in our Mira Loma, CA facility. The IE Co-op has a supporting role to ensure that each Distribution Center is engineered with an operating plan that drives continuous improvement, controls cost, increases revenue, and provides innovative solutions for our customers.
- Develop process improvement and layout changes to increase productivity and profitability.
- Perform operational observation and process documentation.
- Create, analyze and apply original work measurement.
- Monitor and develop productivity standards for functional areas based on work measurement.
- Develop operational volume forecasts and present staffing plans to the IE team.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to resolve operational problems.
- Identify exceptions, formulate recommendations, and implement process improvements.
- Develop and maintain distribution center AutoCAD layouts and square footage calculations.
- Provide steady flow of information to management, customers, internal personnel, and direct reports as committed.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis on projects requiring capital expenses and document validation of findings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Ability to work independently or on a team in fast paced work environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
Not ready to apply?
Living your dreams makes the world work better.
Making the world work better. Faster. Smarter. As the leading package delivery company and global leader in supply chain solutions, we’re passionate about bringing better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. That’s logistics. And that’s exactly what careers at UPS are all about.
Across the skies, oceans and borders, UPS team members deliver on that promise for billions of customers every day. We offer limitless opportunities in a huge range of career areas, so you’re sure to find roles that suit your dreams and your expertise, along with a lifetime of possibilities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.