Employment Type :
RegularFLSA Status :
ExemptPosted Date :
FIFTH THIRD BANK, CINCINNATI
The general function for this position is general risk model development, validation and documentation. Primary focus will be on the development, selection and implementation of quantitative models related to credit risk to support various consumer portfolio products, including bankcard, auto, mortgage and equity products.
From communication perspective, this position will interact directly with cross-functional teams such as Scoring Oversight, Risk Policy, Decision Management, System Implementations, Operations, and Compliance.
Qualified candidates should have proven project management skills, outstanding modeling background, excellent communication skills, an in-depth understanding of scoring procedures and related regulatory requirements. The candidate must be able to multi-task effectively and above all be results oriented. The desirable candidate is able to think out of box and have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
Position emphasis will be
(1) Develop or recalibrate industry leading credit risk score to support Fifth Third consumer portfolios. The model or scorecard development includes but not limited to
Stress Testing Models, including PD, LGD and EAD models estimation.
Behavior score or Collection score
Acquisition score or Origination score
Bankruptcy projection score
Loss prevention or Loss mitigation score.
(2) Provide business and statistical analytical support to Fifth Third consumer products (auto, credit card, home equity, and mortgage). The analysis includes but not limits to support mapping to stress testing, collections, and portfolio management.
(3) Evaluate existing In-house data and Bureau data related to Fifth Third consumer products (auto, credit card, home equity, and mortgage). Analyze historical data on relevant financial ratios and other external market data consumer products (auto, credit card, home equity, and mortgage) to get an understanding of their distribution to support model development, recalibration and analysis.
(4) Design and implement an effective model validation framework to evaluate soundness of modeling concepts, ongoing monitoring and outcome analysis. Conduct review of custom models and provide oversight to model development projects.
(5) Thoroughly document model development, model validation, business and statistical analysis for all consumer products.
(6) Drive the implementation of sophisticated risk models in live operating environments or mainframe within the organization.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required:
(1) Master or PhD degree in Econometrics, Statistics, Finance or similar degree.
(2) Minimum three to five years experience in applying and managing use of statistical risk management models in financial industry with demonstrated proficiency in scorecard development. Diversified modeling experience, especially with bureau experience strongly preferred.
(3) In-depth understanding of regulatory requirements and proven experience in interacting with regulators and internal auditors.
(4) Experience in a cross-functional environment working with portfolio management concepts and constructing and explaining risk models are essential.
(5) Must have Database experience, proficient with application of SAS and SQL language, and General Microsoft products.
(6) Product knowledge in general lending products and specifically with Consumer Portfolio.
(7) Strong communication and project management skills
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $130 billion in assets, operates 17 affiliates with 1,320 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations, most open seven days a week, inside select grocery stores and 2,586 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 25% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2013, had $302 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations.
Fifth Third Bank is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disabilities / Protected Veterans
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.