Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit http://www.rexnord.com/.
Power Transmission Group
Within the Process & Motion Control platform, Power Transmission (PT) associates design and manufacture a broad portfolio of products such as Falk branded gear drives, Rex bearings and industrial chain, plus a wide range of couplings and conveyor components. Rexnord products enhance the reliability of equipment used worldwide, supporting industries such as transportation, mining, energy, food & beverage.
The Position Overview
The Human Resource Generalist supports the supervisory and management team in all functional areas of HR including employee relations, staffing, payroll, compensation and benefits, performance management, training, and regulatory compliance to ensure the operating unit’s goals and objectives are achieved.
HR Generalist is relied upon to understand business goals and interpret ambiguous situations while consistently applying company policy and good judgment. At the same time, the HR Generalist must consider the legal impact of decisions and minimize the potential negative financial risk.
This role provides HR support for the Milwaukee Commercial Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Issues are recognized and addressed at early stages, with appropriate level of management intervention
• Line management equipped with appropriate skills and tools to consistently apply company policies and enable open communication and employee satisfaction
• Employees provided with tools and information that foster open communication and employee satisfaction
Staffing & On Boarding
• Candidates are tracked and monitored via online applicant tracking tool.
• Candidate sourcing and interviewing for hourly and/or exempt regular and temporary positions conducted in a cost effective and timely manner in collaboration with line management.
• New hires obtain a high degree of successful performance in their roles
• Short-term staffing needs are met
• Responsible for performing HR portions of New Employee Orientation and communicating New Employee information to other departments within the business unit. Regulatory, Compliance and Record Keeping
• FMLA administration according to state and federal law and in line with Rexnord policy
• Administer Attendance Program fairly and consistently and recommend progressive discipline when appropriate.
• Ensure record retention guidelines are met in accordance with state and federal law as well as industry guidelines.
• Foster a culture of safety awareness
• Adds value to administrative process by recommending policy enhancements and streamlining procedures as opposed to maintaining status quo.
Compensation, Benefits and Payroll Administration
• Benefits program is communicated in effective manner and understood by associates; ensure employees are referred to Third Party Agencies where appropriate; encourage use of online tools and resources.
• Participate in facilitation of Rexnord’s annual open enrollment
• Administer STD/LTD programs in accordance with Rexnord policy
• New hires, employee changes in status and benefits changes are processed in a timely manner with minimal errors.
• Administer bi-weekly and weekly payroll processes; ensure payroll data is entered and processed in a timely manner with minimal errors.
• Ensure that pay and promotion decisions are tied to performance with consideration of internal equity.
• Support HR Manager in ensuring all associates are trained in the performance management system.
• Succession planning and annual performance review process effectively implemented and tracked.
• Assist HR Manager in ensuring that Supervisors and Managers are provided with guidance and tools to effectively deal
• with employee performance related issues.
• Combination of appropriate training programs used (corporate programs, on the job, external vendors or outside classes) to meet employee training needs
• Accurate and timely reporting of metrics used to track company performance
• Communication to employees reflects current data
• Accurate and timely calculation of rates of pay and benefits.
• Assist in grievance process: writing grievance responses, tracking responses, communicating responses as appropriate, etc.
• Assist in Request for Information process: gathering responses, writing responses, tracking and communicating responses as appropriate, etc.
Essential Job Qualifications
• Bachelors Degree in Business or related field required
• 3 -5 years progressive Human Resources Generalist experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Strong organization and communication skills, ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail and working in a high
• volume, fast paced environment
• Competitive Salary
• Matching 401(k) contribution
• Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
• Educational Reimbursement
• Matching Gift Program