TMX Finance is one of the largest, fastest growing and most profitable consumer specialty finance companies in the United States. Our family of brands includes TitleMax, TitleBucks, TMX Credit and InstaLoan. Headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, TMX Finance has over 1200 stores in 14 states and has aggressive growth plans to double in size over the next five years. The rapid growth of the company has created a wealth of career opportunities at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and tremendous advancement opportunities, you've come to the right place.
Corporate Assistant Controller
Relocate to Carrollton, TX
Job is located in Carrollton, TX.
Corporate Assistant Controller
The TMX Finance family of companies (“TMX Finance') is one of the largest and fastest growing consumer specialty finance organizations in the United States. With brands that include TitleMax, TitleBucks, InstaLoan, EquityAuto Loan, TMX Credit, and AutoCash, TMX Finance provides a diversified product offering. These brands are represented nationwide and TMX Finance has aggressive plans to double in size over the next three years. The rapid growth of TMX Finance has created a wealth of career opportunities in both our stores and at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and tremendous advancement opportunities, you’ve come to the right place.
TMX Finance is currently seeking a Corporate Assistant Controller for the Accounting Department in Carrollton, TX. The Assistant Controller will oversee the day to day accounting function of a multi-business unit accounting department and be responsible for month end, quarter end and year end accounting closes, account reconciliations, SOX controls. The Assistant Controller will work very closely with the Corporate Controller to ensure department initiatives are being met for the company to ensure accounting controls and processes are properly implemented.
- Oversee a growing staff to include accounting managers as direct reports
- Develop and maintain general accounting policies and procedures
- Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end close process with internal and external auditors; serving as the liaison to external auditors
- Ensure successful completion of the company's tax filings to include federal and state income taxes and sales and use taxes
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements including cash flow statements
- Plan, budget and authorize expenditures for the general accounting area
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Oversee Fixed Asset Accounting, asset depreciation and leasing
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll accounting, bonus accruals and payment clearing
- Oversee accounting for various current assets and liabilities, including prepaid assets, inventory and various accruals (including IT spend analysis)
- Provide monthly, quarterly and year-end analysis
- Maintenance of the general accounting information system
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required from an accredited college or university
- CPA is strongly preferred
- 10+ years of accounting experience, particularly within a multi-unit environment (with brick and mortar locations)
- 2-3 years experience in a management role at the Assistant Controller level with demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience building a team
- Leadership experience in large, transactional, shared services environment is a plus
- Management experience with a publicly traded company in a SOX compliant environment is required
- Candidates with public accounting background coupled with industry experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of GAAP
- Superior written skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively across varying levels of experience within the organization
- Process design to drive improvement of effectiveness and efficiencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Excel and Outlook
- Accounting systems knowledge; Great Plains is a plus
- System conversion experience is desired
- Prefer candidates from a mid to large size company
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, please be advised that only those candidates that we are interested in pursuing for an interview will be contacted.
All TMX Finance entities are Equal Opportunity Employers.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.