Gillman Service Advisor
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman is one of the largest dealerships in Texas, and has also been a proud recipient of the Houston Chronicle’s Top 100 Workplaces for 4 years in a row!
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
- UCS computer system experience helpful
- Greet Customers in a professional manner
- Perform thorough walk-around inspection of vehicles
- Accurately record customer concerns, and relay this information to technicians accurately
- Help customer maintain their vehicle by outlining, and selling needed maintenance interval repairs
- Keep customers informed of vehicles progress while in shop
- Notify customers of changes in promise times
- Inform customers of future maintenance needs
- Perform active delivery of finished vehicles, with through explanation of work, and charges
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures
- Produce quality work that evidence pride of workmanship
- Explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include other teammates and customers as required
- Valid TDL
- Clean driving record
- Pass drug test
- Two year minimum experience (optional/dep. on hiring manager)
- Drug Free work environment
- Monthly training classes
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 14 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Acura, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.