Sports Technical Services Administrator
The Sports Technical Services Administrator reports directly to the Command Center Manager. As a member of the Zebra Sports Operations & Support Team, the successful candidate will provide remote support for Zebra’s player tracking system and be responsible for monitoring Data Quality and Client Delivery. The system uses wireless location technology to track the movement of athletes during pre-season, regular season, and post-season football games.
The Command Center IT Specialist will be an integral part of the facility that is both a critical component of the Solution delivery chain as well as the central “showpiece” for highlighting Zebra’s efforts in Sports to external clients, etc.
The Command Center IT Specialist will be a senior member of the Zebra Game Operations team, based at the Command Center in San Jose, CA. The primary objective will be supporting Gameday Operations resources in place at the 31 NFL Venues before, during and after events.
The Command Center will monitor system performance in all venues simultaneously, provide tech support through traditional communication tools (Phone, IM, etc) and direct remote support (VPN) under high-pressure timelines tied to event readiness.
The CC IT Specialist will ultimately be responsible for leading setup and troubleshooting in all matters related to IP Configuration and providing general IT support to the entire team – both at the Command Center directly and remotely to the operators in the field.
Additionally the IT Specialist will work closely with Zebra corporate IT (both in the San Jose office and remotely) to establish and adhere to all corporate IT policies.
During the off-season the IT Specialist will advise and assist in the augmentation of the Command Center infrastructure and tools as the scope of the project broadens. Additionally the role may also be called upon to support general IT needs of the local San Jose office.
The candidate must possess strong troubleshooting and communication skills. The position requires responsiveness when issues are encountered, ability to work effectively under pressure, flexibility to work non-traditional hours based on when games are played, and proficiency in network, server, and wireless communications concepts based on practical experiences
- Knowledge and awareness of operating systems and server technology (OS Microsoft, Linux) and Databases (MS SQL, Oracle etc). (required)
- Familiarity with general application server administration and Client-Server environments (requried)
- Experience deploying Images, setting up PC & laptops (required)
- Knowledge of VMWare applications (required)
- Install support of various corporate applications and ability to support both Windows & Mac end users and troubleshoot related issues (preferred)
- Experience working in Sports and/or Entertainment environments (preferred)
- Previous experience in Customer Support/Command Center work (preferred)
- Strong customer relations skills (required)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including communication ideas easily and effectively to diverse audiences (required)
- Problem analysis and resolution skills (required)
- Excellent critical thinking skills (required)
- Experience with wireless broadcast systems, Active RFID, RTLS systems, wireless systems or related technology (preferred)
- Experience deploying and/or supporting networks (required)
- General football knowledge: NFL teams, game rules, players, stats (preferred).
A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra provides enabling technologies that allow customers to take smarter actions.
Zebra's extensive portfolio of barcode, receipt, kiosk and RFID printers and supplies, as well as real-time location solutions give a digital voice to assets, people and transactions that provides greater visibility into mission-critical information.