I. Project Description
A. Description of specific project
The California Medicaid Management Information System (CA-MMIS) is a large complex statewide IT project chartered to replace the existing 30+ year old legacy system with a suite of modern and scalale software applications that will enable the state to increase operational efficiencies, and that support the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) strategic objectives. PCG contracts with the DHCS to perform IVV and provide timely, accurate, and insightful assessment of all aspects of system architecture, general design concepts, detailed design specifications, system configuration and coding, infrastructure design and implementation, resulting in the deployment of a successful, maintainable and cost effective application enterprise. The Project has recently adopted an Agile software development methodology, and is currently in transition to utilizing a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
B. Day to Day duties for resource
Candidate will participate in process design sessions, software design reviews, and assess resulting work products and contractor- produced deliverables. They will assess the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes of the contractor to verify that they are consistent with best practices and standards. He/she will validate the deliverables against best practices in system engineering, and verify that they meet the client’s requirements.
II. Position requirements
A. Technical skills required (MMIS, IV&V, QA, etc)
• Experience conducting quality assurance and control analysis
• Knowledge and experience with SDLC documentation, including requirements documentation, plans, designs, specifications
• Proficient in generally accepted IT standards , statements and practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience in preparing formal deliverables
• At least three (3) years of experience in IT IV&V, IT quality assurance, IT systems analysis, IT quality control (testing)
• Knowledge and experience using Agile methods (e.g. Scrum) to design, develop, and implement functional software that meets business users’ needs.
• Knowledge of Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) business processes, and CMS 7 standards and conditions
B. Soft skills required (Communication, Leadership, etc)
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
• Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.
Not Ready To Apply?