Cashier- Seasonal Part Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform cashiering and related activities for the retail store in a professional, courteous, accurate and helpful manner in order to effectively assist customers and enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Greets, directs and waits on customers. Answers phone calls in a professional, courteous manner.
• Writes up orders and rainchecks, opens accounts, checks prices, rings up sales, makes change and authorizes credit card purchases.
• Counts down the cash register drawer by using intelliscale to verify funds, places the correct daily starting currency in the cash drawer and prepares daily deposit for bank.
• Offers Service Protection Plans (SPP’s) and other qualified programs as available and dictated by Company policy.
• Acquires supervisor’s approvals on all disbursements of Company funds, returns, and credit authorizations.
• Downstocks, faces and fronts all merchandise in designated area of responsibility (AOR) and other assigned areas as per Company BOSS program.
• Protects the store against theft or other suspicious activity.
• Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school education or equivalent.
• At least 6 months experience as a cashier in a related store environment.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers.
• Good communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Frequent repetitive finger, wrist and hand movement
• Frequent bending and twisting
• Long periods of standing
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
When I graduated from the University of Minnesota-Duluth, I remember being filled with many hopes and dreams. Of course I wanted to be successful, but more importantly, I wanted to feel fulfilled and proud of each of my future endeavors.
In the fall of 1980, I took a risk and realized one of my dreams when I started Northern Tool + Equipment as a part-time mail-order business. Although initially the company was small, I strongly believed in its potential and knew that with perseverance, it would ultimately be successful.
Since that time, Northerns success and growth have been nothing less than remarkable. Year after year, sales from our catalog, Internet and retail stores continue to skyrocket. With an eye to the future, we steadily explore new and exciting territories, planning aggressive expansion into a multitude of new business ventures.
Today, there are more challenging and diverse opportunities available to Northern employees than ever before. Recruiting and developing the best talent in the industry creates a strong team, and we recognize the important role each employee plays in contributing to the success of our company. Ultimately, it is through the personal growth and daily achievements of our employees that the Northern vision will come to life and the company will continue to flourish.
With that in mind, we encourage our over 2000 employees to take risks and think big as they work to accomplish both individual and team goals, and we reward them when they do. After all, I may never have fulfilled my dreams if I hadn't taken a risk in starting Northern more than 30 years ago.
The future holds a wealth of exciting and rewarding possibilities and we invite you to join us in making the most of them. Come grow with us!
Donald L. Kotula
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Northern Tool + Equipment
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.