| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Network Repair Bureau Supervisor
|Job Reference Number
Installation - Maint - Repair
- This position manages a team of front line Network Repair Bureau employees with the goal of ensuring optimal team productivity and quality customer and Network technical support
- This includes activities such as: Supervising, staffing and scheduling team activities; Conducting communication and staff training sessions; Evaluating employee performance; Managing Remedy profiles; Providing ongoing coaching and development; Conducting monthly and quarterly performance reviews; Conducting monthly ticket reviews; Reviewing and coordinating change control support; Participating in hiring decisions and handling escalated issues.
- Responsible for the supervising and scheduling of front line Network Repair Bureau employees & monitoring employee daily activities; Performance management and career coaching
- Conducts/coordinates technical training for employees and monitors/evaluates progress
- Prepares and analyzes reports to manage workflow of team.
- Reviews and modifies processes to ensure team meets department performance standards. Identifies team/individual trends in productivity and training issues
- Leads quality improvement initiatives in identifying and developing solutions for department and cross-functional processes
- Audits all team performance on a regular basis
- Manages Technician technical progression process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and Technical Discipline preferred
- Minimum 3+ years experience; demonstrated wireless network experience; extensive hands-on experience and theoretical knowledge of data networking and Internet technologies
- 1+ years of supervisory experience in a technical team environment
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Proven oral and written communication skills with experience presenting in group settings
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to influence and get things done through others
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in coaching and training others in technical skills
- Broad understanding of all Network disciplines including Operations, Engineering and System Performance
- Strong technical background in the Windows Operating System is required, Mac, Linux, UNIX is desired
- Working knowledge of SQL syntax is a plus
- Understanding of Remedy and/or other ticketing tracking systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of network elements and protocols including; TCP/IP, MPLS, OSI, Frame relay, ATM, X.25, RIP, OSPF, BGP, ISDN, SS7, LTE other LAN/WAN protocols is required
- Experience supporting applications in a production Data Center and working in an operations and/or systems support position
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.)
- Capable of providing a thorough analysis of data using Excel and/or Access, utilizing pivot tables and advanced reporting techniques
- Position requires weekend and late night/overnight coverage
- Occasional overnight travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Report this job
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.