Laboratory Technician - SSM/GMP
Opportunity For A Laboratory Technician Join our outstanding team at AMRI, recipient of the 2013 CMO Leadership Award in Quality from "Life Science Leader" magazine. Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
To perform the synthesis, purification and identification of chemical intermediates and target compounds. The Laboratory Technician is expected to demonstrate competency in many aspects of practical organic chemistry and assist the senior members of the laboratory group. A major component of this technician’s performance rating will be based on productivity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Synthesize known compounds efficiently using literature or in-house notebook procedures.
- Effectively utilize standard laboratory equipment. Modify reaction conditions in order to improve yields. (Design of new or alternate reaction sequences is not a normal expectation, but will enhance the performance evaluation of the scientist). Purify synthesized chemicals to an appropriate degree. The scientist will be able to use the full range of chromatographic, crystallization and distillation techniques.
- Use time efficiently to produce target compounds and perform other tasks.
- Analyze and identify compounds using a good range of modern separation and spectroscopic techniques. This will include interpretation of TLC, HPLC, polarimetry, IR, and NMR spectra of moderate complexity.
- Be familiar with the literature background of all assigned tasks.
- Have the ability to retrieve reference materials. Keep accurate, legible and complete records of all experiments and observations.
- Discuss routinely with the scientist's supervisor the status of assigned projects and potential problems. The latter is especially important in cases where the scientist may be unfamiliar with the reagents or conditions to be employed.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state and local levels.
- Volunteer for various tasks within the laboratories not related to your project.
- College Degree with major in chemistry or equivalent experience
- Chemical Hygiene training
- Must have a basic understanding of organic chemistry principles.
- Experience in a laboratory environment is preferred.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Willingness to work with chemicals in a laboratory setting.
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization with more than twenty years’ experience in providing customers with fully integrated drug discovery, development, and manufacturing partnerships. AMRI builds its expert knowledge and advice into customers’ programs to deliver a complete range of value-added services with more informed decision-making, resulting in enhanced efficiency and more successful outcomes at all stages of the pipeline. AMRI’s smarter options for insourcing and outsourcing support discovery and development of pharmaceutical products, manufacturing of API and drug product for existing and experimental new drugs. With unrivalled project management and locations in the United States, Europe, and Asia, AMRI maintains geographic proximity and seamless delivery across multiple sites.
AMRI has historically leveraged its drug discovery expertise to progress several internal programs to the development candidate stage and, in some cases, into Phase I clinical development. AMRI has successfully partnered certain programs and is actively seeking to out-license its remaining programs to strategic partners for further development.