- Company:Argosy University
- Contact:Not Available
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time/Part-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:No
- Job Type:Education
- Req'd Education:4 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience:1 to 3 years
Argosy University (www.argosy.edu), with 19 campus locations in 13 states and its online program, is a private academic institution dedicated to providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to students in a supportive learning environment where academic knowledge is enriched by the acquisition of interpersonal skills vital to success. Argosy University has five colleges: Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences and Undergraduate Studies. With one of the largest communities of graduate students in the nation, Argosy University offers doctoral and master’s degree programs in Psychology, Business, Counseling and Education. The institution also offers bachelor’s degree programs in Psychology, Business, Liberal Arts and Criminal Justice. Degree level and programs offered vary by location. Argosy University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, http://www.wascsenior.org).
The Program Chair is an employee of the Argosy University (AU) and is appointed to be the academic and administrative leader of a specific program (or programs) offered at a campus by AU. The Program Chair is responsible to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and the College Dean for the efficient and effective functioning of the program. The Program Chair is responsible for fulfilling all duties in conformity with the policies and procedures of AU as well as those processes and mechanisms developed within the campus in which the program is offered. This position includes a faculty appointment and teaching responsibilities.
Key Job Elements
• Fulfill all responsibilities associated with the role of Instructor.
• Lead the program faculty in the development, implementation, and oversight of the degree programs including overseeing the ongoing delivery of courses.
• Recruit, supervise, train and develop, and evaluate core and adjunct faculty
• Promote effective and accurate communication of program policies and procedures to program staff and students.
• Provide leadership for the continued stability and growth of the program.
• Conduct annual department and institutional effectiveness reviews.
• Maintain effective relationships with relevant accrediting, licensing, and other professional organizations.
• Assist in the supervision of programmatic accreditation, especially in the development of accreditation self-studies and the hosting of on-site visits by accreditation teams.
• Establish and coordinate an Advisory Board consisting of representatives of relevant professional constituencies for the purpose of monitoring and supporting the activities of the educational program.
• Document regular scheduled visits to clinical educational sites in order to evaluate effectiveness and to maintain compliance with program and regulatory policies.
• Maintain all necessary clinical records by periodically contacting clinical instructors, clinical supervisors, and assigned students. Submit required externship documentation to the Student Services Department in a timely fashion.
• Seek active participation in and support of professional organizations whose activities are consistent with the goals of the program and sponsoring institution, as well as with the advancement of the relevant profession.
• Carry out other duties as assigned by the VPAA.
Campus Head of Academic Affairs
Inside contact encompasses the entire range of personnel. Outside contacts may include community and professional leaders as well as other educators.
• Bachelor's degree minimum with 3-5 years related experience. Advanced certifications or credits towards further study are highly preferred.
• Three years experience minimum in Dental Assisting and must have had instruction in educational theory and methodology, e.g., curriculum development, educational psychology, test construction, measurement and evaluation
• Dental Assisting National Board “Certified Dental Assistant” and Licensed in Minnesota.
• Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry and/or Academic Affairs.
• Fiscal and personnel management experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
• Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
• Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
• Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.